Sonic Electronix

wow, they tried to rape you!!!!! i had an installer at bestbuy way back try to tell me that they wanted like 20 bucks extra to mount the amp on the back of the rear fold down seat. it was my wifes car (then just my girl) and i was like i'll just do it myself. she freaked and he laughed. later went back and i was the one laughing. with 2 10's most thought i had 2 12's or better. lol fuck them!!!!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

I run into this problem alot where i live. I've been in shops before trying to get a quote on stuff before I buy it to price stuff, and they give me 10 different answers. Finally I gave up, and started buying everything online. Everyone here carries MTX, JL, and Kicker gear with some exceptions, I just wanted to be different. I say, do research online and get opinions and reviews from forums and buy for cheaper online, not mark-ups from the shops.

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

When I was a freshman in highschool I went to a local shop. Thats now out of business and asked them about a pioneer cd/player it was there top of the line model in 1993. The shop owner told me I didnt have enough money to buy that deck, funny thing was, I did. They wanted $600 for it, laughable. Same shop would charge 5 dollars for a glass 50 amp fuse, and $20 a yard for gray trunk liner. No wonder the shop closed, what jerk offs!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

i do have another shop in my town though and they are great.. i was scared to go there at first but they were nice and hooked me up proper. ver reliable ppl. i got a sticker from them. so heres the kicker. after joining here i told the shop im gettin a btl. they all made the meade jokes at me. and said dont bother coming back we dont want that crap. so after i got everything built and shit i tokk my 2200 watt amp and btl and flexed the shit outta there dorr i had all 3 sales come outside and start yellin at me haha only 1 of em was a guy who made fun of me for the btl i just smiled at him and said show me 1 rockford jl alpine or earthquake sub that'll take this power under 500 bucks they all shook their head and said whatever get the hell of our property.i said my pleasure and drove off.

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

i do have another shop in my town though and they are great.. i was scared to go there at first but they were nice and hooked me up proper. ver reliable ppl. i got a sticker from them. so heres the kicker. after joining here i told the shop im gettin a btl. they all made the meade jokes at me. and said dont bother coming back we dont want that crap. so after i got everything built and shit i tokk my 2200 watt amp and btl and flexed the shit outta there dorr i had all 3 sales come outside and start yellin at me haha only 1 of em was a guy who made fun of me for the btl i just smiled at him and said show me 1 rockford jl alpine or earthquake sub that'll take this power under 500 bucks they all shook their head and said whatever get the hell of our property.i said my pleasure and drove off.

Nice dude hahaha

These shop bastards have yet to understand the power of DCSoundLab and FI!!!

Nice dude hahaha

These shop bastards have yet to understand the power of DCSoundLab and FI!!!

^^^exactly what i was thinking when i did that.

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

yeah, i learned that early! i went to one shop cus they cut good deals on subs. but they would get mad and tell me that if i installed them myself i would loose the warranty. i didnt care i was young but still knew a little about what i was doing. i heard that same shop would program a 3rd remote to an alarm on some of the cars that had decent equipment so they could steal half of it back. because when you bought anything they had a form to fill out with basic info on it. fuckers!

I met a chick at a comp that swears a local shop here did the same thing to her with a third remote. It was a huge system they stole back to. I have a fake address I use when I am filling forms out for comps and stuff.

I went to an audio store up in Erie, PA by my college, they carry straight fosgate. I told them i was looking into buying a Fi Bl fully loaded, the store manager and one of the employees started laughing at me saying i must have the Steve Meade fever, and kept saying "SMD fo' life" like a couple of jackasses. They told me to get off of youtube and buy some real subs like some fosgate t1's. They also never heard of Sundown Audio, which was the amp i was looking for, then got into a debate with me as to why i should buy the t1500-1bd off of them for $1100.00 because they can warranty it and i cannot find one online for cheaper with a "real" warranty. I left to them telling me not to come back when my car catches fire from my refurbished garbage i was talking about from online. I understand them having to make a profit, and the other three shops i visited had great customer service, and were polite and helpful. But you're not gonna sell your products if you are not just biased, but a biased dick.

what shop is this? I'm originally from that area. (My folks live in Edinboro and have alot of relatives in the canadohta lake/union City area. )

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I met a chick at a comp that swears a local shop here did the same thing to her with a third remote. It was a huge system they stole back to. I have a fake address I use when I am filling forms out for comps and stuff.

yup thats what i did too when i bought equipment there i used my moms address. crooked fucks

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Archived