DC Sound Lab

what i seen at the db drag

i saw a guy in supper street no wall he had the same two DC level 5s 18' that i have two alts like me and he is one of the best evey year if not the best. he was using two stetsom 14kds the 16 volt type. super street nw looks like a lot of fun but i did not have the amps to keep up i was doing good to hit 150 db with my 39hrz box tune and 3000 wats. i am wanting to try again but this time with boxes tuned to around the high 70s / low 80s. i drove the van to the drags yesterday 150 miles one way but if i go with two big amps and 10 or 15 batteries it might limit me to the shows that are closer to home. any way you guys know of to cut the weight down and are the stetsoms my best or only option? i dont realy want to trailer the van.

mobile chornobyl

Ya tuning high isnt going to make it louder. Tune to your cabins resonant frequency for best results.

Also dont be afraid to make alot of different enclosures and try new things.

As for Stetsom amps i have been using them matched with my DC subs for a while now and had nothing but good luck, burping, bassrace, phyclone, demoing and bumpoing to and from shows. They are strong amps make huge power and you dont need 16 + volts either. I would recommend them to everyone but if everyone used them it would be bad news for me!!! haha

i was just thinking high tune for efficiency maybe less batteries for the drive to and from shows. i wont know the resonant freg untill i wall it off behind the b post and that sounds funny considering it is supper street no wall huh thanks for the advice

mobile chornobyl

there is a 80hz limit in dB Drag.

But it will be loudest if you tune to your car's resonance.

Most NW vans will be 55-65hz.

And Stetsom is good. You also have many other choices to look around at.

American Bass, Sound Digital, Sundown, Incriminator Audio. And many others.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

definitely tune lower. stick with standard voltage, you dont need all the extra 16v stuff. you could get more amps for the cost of the 16v gear.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.