corey0928 Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 You don't know that, your not him and hes not you. You don't know that relationship, you don't know what is based on. I was engaged at 22, married at 24, couldn't be happier. You cant base another persons future on your own failures. Just because you failed in marriage doesn't mean he will. bingo! My parents got together really young broke up w.e. but my girlfriends parents got together at 21 and they are honestly one of the happiest couples I have ever seen. And my gf's grandparents got engaged 2 weeks after they met and married 4 months later and they are also extremely happy and from everything they have said they always have been. And I have known people who have been together for years and they get divorced/break up. Just because you have had a bad relationship doesn't mean everyone else will. And for the whole point of the thread I say congrats and good luck with your relationship/marriage
FiBTLforlife Posted March 18, 2010 Author Report Posted March 18, 2010 yeah man, buying a bike doesnt seem like it should be on the top of your priority list either. Kiss your rents ass until your done with class, keep your truck, move on with life. but do what you want, im just throwin in my 02 since you posted this for us to read. lol yeah, advise and your .02 is welcome i dont mind. for one family fucked me over, and since he wants the truck thats fine. i have no problem with it. ive wanted a bike for years, but according to my fam ill get killed on one. which really idk, i dont live life in a bubble and thats all they want to do. its like trying to take a damn hamster and trying to make it run very slow on a running wheel. its not going to work, pretty much like me. its not going to work in that house, lmao. dont worry yall ill be happy, and for all who things the girl will leave me, well if that happened i still would get over it and just get a place by the school. no big deal really since thats the main thing yall are worried about. and with my family it would be just the same if i was single, i dont plan on going back anytime soon anyway 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
FiBTLforlife Posted March 18, 2010 Author Report Posted March 18, 2010 always thinking that the worse is going to happen makes it happen sooner or later. And to be in a relationship period imo and always have the thought, ooo i cant do this because my wife might leave me is a little overboard. its like about as bad as saying well i want to go get some grocery's today but i wont because i MIGHT get hit by a car. you don't know that's gonna happen you just prepare for if it does. If your with a truely great person you dont have to worry about any of that bullshit whatsoever. and hell so what he lost a truck, big deal parents always have a struggle with that transition no matter how it goes. they will get over it sooner or later if not screw it move on do what you need to provide for your self. Im sure theres tons of stories on here about how when people left thier parents house it wasnt on great terms, it just happens. oh btw my wife has no issues with me at all( shes my best friend) its just the little bitchmade forum punks who seem to hate me because they dont like how i interpret things. I'm not hating on you, your view just seems to be a little clouded from reality lmao couldnt say it better, and i forgot to mention the fact that i tried to move out a year ago and some things fell threw with my other job. i have better jobs now that are more reliable and wont do what the last job did. anyway, i was moving out to live on campus by myself nobody else and they still flipped out over that and he also threat me with the truck on taking it away. so really living by myself/ or with my fiance dont really matter either way hes going to do what he wants to do. lmao i got to take a pic of my truck before and after, it looks so funny and its so dark at night in the cab, theres no screen lit up, no blue leds lit up or nothing. its going to be epic friday when i give him the keys. 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
Melissa Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 I think it must be hard for a lot of parents to trust that they have raised their kids to make the right decisions. Parents don't want to see their children fail and they think they can protect them from failing by controlling them. They need to trust that they raised you to make the right choices on your own. You are a little old for them to still have as much control as they do, obviously the truck has been a way for them to control you. It sounds like you have your priorities pretty straight, your going to school and plan to continue and you work...sounds like they have done their jobs as parents as far as that goes. They will realize someday that you are a mature adult. Good luck with school, work and your fiance...don't let anyone drag you down. As far as people telling you that you are making a mistake...you are the only person that can make the decision of what is best for you. Everybody's life is different and what is best for someone else may not be what is best for you.
rgorzkajr Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 moving out is not a bad thing, but make sure it is for the right reasons. everyone thinks that there parents are the worst parents in the world. but one day when you get older and have kids of your own you are going to see where they are comming from. anyone who has kids will tell you that they spend countless hours worrying if what they have done as parents will turn there children into the kind of person that they could be proud of and not have to wonder if they did the right thing. as someone who is a little older,married(happily), and has children i think on a daily bases how my children are going to turn out. i have a handfull of my parent did this stories that would suprise you but who dosent. the best thing to do is think it through and do what ever feals right. but try your best to leave on good terms. it will come back on you later in life. belive that.
bobonit Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 I think it must be hard for a lot of parents to trust that they have raised their kids to make the right decisions. Parents don't want to see their children fail and they think they can protect them from failing by controlling them. They need to trust that they raised you to make the right choices on your own. You are a little old for them to still have as much control as they do, obviously the truck has been a way for them to control you. It sounds like you have your priorities pretty straight, your going to school and plan to continue and you work...sounds like they have done their jobs as parents as far as that goes. They will realize someday that you are a mature adult. Good luck with school, work and your fiance...don't let anyone drag you down. As far as people telling you that you are making a mistake...you are the only person that can make the decision of what is best for you. Everybody's life is different and what is best for someone else may not be what is best for you. I couldn't have said it better myself. FiBTLforlife, good luck to you and your fiance. I hope it all works out for you. To me, it sounds like you have your head on straight. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
00_XJ Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 I think it must be hard for a lot of parents to trust that they have raised their kids to make the right decisions. Parents don't want to see their children fail and they think they can protect them from failing by controlling them. They need to trust that they raised you to make the right choices on your own. You are a little old for them to still have as much control as they do, obviously the truck has been a way for them to control you. It sounds like you have your priorities pretty straight, your going to school and plan to continue and you work...sounds like they have done their jobs as parents as far as that goes. They will realize someday that you are a mature adult. Good luck with school, work and your fiance...don't let anyone drag you down. As far as people telling you that you are making a mistake...you are the only person that can make the decision of what is best for you. Everybody's life is different and what is best for someone else may not be what is best for you. Couldn't have said it any better. Deep down you know your parents love you and just want what's best for you; whether they're going about it the right way or not. Have you tried sitting down with your dad and expressing your feelings? I know it's hard to sit down with another man and tell him your feelings but maybe he'll see where you're coming from and try to stop some of the things he is doing. I hated my dad when I was in middle school and into high school. But as I got older (I'm only 18) I realized he was just trying to mold me into a civilized man and didn't want me to turn out to be a piece of shit. Me and my dad have an awesome relationship now and I couldn't thank him enough for what he's done for me. I've got my priorities straight now; I currently have a 3.8 GPA in college and work 30+ hours a week, and I know I couldn't do it without my parents supporting me. It's obvious that your dad has done this because your in school and doing what you gotta do to be successful. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck. Get your education, stay with the girl you love, and support your family and you are a righteous man in my books. 2000 Jeep Cherokee -DC Audio -Memphis -Audioque -SecondSkin -Pioneer -KnuKonceptz
Colin - STAPUFT Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 x2 on what Melissa said and bobonit & JGod agreed on. I have always had a good relationship with my folks. However, mine were very controlling as well and I believe Melissa hit the nail on the head with that. They will always Always second guess you and whatnot, but that is what they do. I married my wife when I was 22 and she had JUST turned 21. We got grief before that, during that, and long after that. I am now 30 (gasp) and just now my parents are beginning to realize that they must have done a pretty good job because the wife and I are more than just alright. Make sure your head is straight, do what you feel is right, and then see it through. It may take years.... but they will always be your parents. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
qu1cks1lver56 Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 sucks to hear mike, but it sounds like you and your girl will be much happier. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
Thunderthud89 Posted March 18, 2010 Report Posted March 18, 2010 Good luck FiBTLforlife, just keep your priorities straight and you are golden. However, I always say it is better to have connections rather than kill relationships. I'm sure people on here would agree with me that it's not what you know in life, its who you know. I never burn connections because they might know someone who has something you want or vice versa. Plus, I would never say anything I would regret. What I mean by this is (this sounds really bad) what if your parents died in a car accident tomorrow? I made a personal rule that I never leave any conversation with anyone by letting them know that you have any dislike or hate for them. I say this because u might not like ur parents but how could you live with your conscience telling you that the last thing you said to ur dad is that you hated him? I know how bad this can hurt because in '06 my grandmother was dying of liver failure and my dad was in Iraq with the Airforce. He got the news that she didn't have much time to live and the red cross sent him home as fast as possible. He spent 50hours traveling from 1/2 way around the world to make it to the hospital parking lot when she died... He never got to say goodbye, and that still haunts him to this day... Don't say anything you may regret and the best of luck to ya! Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.