Sonic Electronix

95 civic. I have horrible engine noise with or without ground loop isolator. Worse without isolator. Tried groundg rca shield to radio, chassis, battery. Tried power line noise filter. I get interference with car ignition switch on, but without motor running. If i turn blinkers or hazards on, I hear it through the speakers. If i crank car it is much worse, almost like 2 different noise sources. Unplug rcas from head unit noise is still present. If i insert a mute plug in rca, the noise is gone. This is with three different amps, new and used. When i grounded the rca shield to the radio, it gets worse. Part of the noise seems to come from the fuel pump under the back seat. If i get the wires away from it, it reduces it, but not enough. Help!!!

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

i remember reading a few days ago, that where the speakers where screwed into the door, was causing the engine noise cause it was acting like a ground r some shit ..:/

just a thought ... are the screwed to the sheet metal in the doors?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

did you try a different hu? Are speakers run off amp or hu? Maybe try replacing rcas

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

speakers are on a 4 channel amp. No rears only front. Fronts are mounted to a wooden plate to keep from hitting window. It is a Pioneer radio, but I get the noise with rcas unhooked from radio. Tried different head units, different amps. I have gone through every noise troubleshooting checklist I can find. I tried isolating the switched power lead from vehicle with a relay. No help. Had noise with factory alternator and HO alternator.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Has each different HU you tried been different than a Pioneer? Pioneers are notorious for the engine whine...

12" DC LVL 4

Sundown 1200D

PG RSDs

PPI PC2100

Alpine 9886