Wiring XS Power batterys

necessary? not really. but safe? yes

That's like saying is any fuse at all necessary (by the way Navi, fail post...)

If you only use 1 fuse you may as well use no fuse at all. It's either 2 fuses or nothing. The reason being that if you get a short in the middle of the wire the fuse by the front battery will blow but because you didn't fuse the back battery as well it will proceed to dump 1500A through your cable and set your car on fire.

I don't know a lot of cars that cost less than $5, and that's what a 250A fuse costs. You do the maths.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

That's like saying is any fuse at all necessary (by the way Navi, fail post...)

If you only use 1 fuse you may as well use no fuse at all. It's either 2 fuses or nothing. The reason being that if you get a short in the middle of the wire the fuse by the front battery will blow but because you didn't fuse the back battery as well it will proceed to dump 1500A through your cable and set your car on fire.

I don't know a lot of cars that cost less than $5, and that's what a 250A fuse costs. You do the maths.

I stand corrected :pardon:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I guess over the years and systems 4+batts my way never failed me so it's your word against mine...............I'm not a know it all but I can tell you what I do know and try to help when I can.

God damn itouch

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

So if one has a big 3, it would be 1 fuse from batt under hood to the alt and then another fuse from batt under hood to another fuse and to batt in trunk. Then you got another fuse from that bat in the trunk to the amp.

2 bigol fuses under the hood takes up a lot of room :(

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

ok so see where i get confused, 2 replies saying two different things. Is 2 fuses between the front and back B+ really necessary?

When I called XS Power they said I should put a fuse on both ends and for a better connection run ground wire from the fron to back but thats money I dont have right now so could I just ground it to the back for now?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

also you can either ground it on the chassis or run a negative...some people prefer to run a negative so they have a good connection.

:shrug:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco