Sonic Electronix

need help on my 18" in car please

alright right now i have a 3000gt with a newer kicker solo x 18" in a custom ported box tuned to 35 hertz. its powered by a memphis mojo 4000wrms. all 0 guage wiring. i have a battery ran in the back (kinetik hc 600). seem at times it hits a lot harder..but thats only when i notice my volts on the dash up to the 14.. yes when i bass hard it drops really fast!! i have to turn it down really quickly to be safe from clipping..i do get a good run to play it loud..i just want to be able to play it loud for a decent time and not have to worry about reving my engine a lot just to demo :/ ( i do not have the big 3 done and am going to) do i need another kinetik? will that do the trick?? or will my worries be over if i upgrade the alternator? ( i would like to find a way around this part until i can save up to get one!) any ideas please lmk. thanks for everything everyone! means a lot :D

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

That battery is not meant to be for an amp of no more than 600 watts. That amp should probably have atleast 2 hc2000s on it. And not having the big 3 is an absolute no in this case. I know your looking for a cheap simple fix, but you probably need about 1k in electrical upgrades alone. For a start, do the big 3. It will help a little but not much unless it has some batteries to take the power, or an alt to push the power. I know this isnt what you want to hear, but 4krms on stock electrical (basically) is just asking for disaster.

That battery is not meant to be for an amp of no more than 600 watts. That amp should probably have atleast 2 hc2000s on it. And not having the big 3 is an absolute no in this case. I know your looking for a cheap simple fix, but you probably need about 1k in electrical upgrades alone. For a start, do the big 3. It will help a little but not much unless it has some batteries to take the power, or an alt to push the power. I know this isnt what you want to hear, but 4krms on stock electrical (basically) is just asking for disaster.

damn, so i gues my next q is answered! lol...damn, already spent 1,800 :/ i guess its time to save!! i will be buying the 1/0 guage wiring tomorrow for the big 3!! how many strands of wiring do i need? i know i need one for the ground..one for positive from alt, and one from engine to chassis i think? i dnt really know how to..but a good youtube search and i could find that one out..

so first i can do the big 3 tomorrow..then my uncle has one of those power cell batteries that you can buy at autozone..i can drop that under the hood..

is it good to use car batteries to power the audio? they would be stock walmart ones..if so i can power 2 of them and the 600 kinetik asap!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

damn, so i gues my next q is answered! lol...damn, already spent 1,800 :/ i guess its time to save!! i will be buying the 1/0 guage wiring tomorrow for the big 3!! how many strands of wiring do i need? i know i need one for the ground..one for positive from alt, and one from engine to chassis i think? i dnt really know how to..but a good youtube search and i could find that one out..

so first i can do the big 3 tomorrow..then my uncle has one of those power cell batteries that you can buy at autozone..i can drop that under the hood..

is it good to use car batteries to power the audio? they would be stock walmart ones..if so i can power 2 of them and the 600 kinetik asap!

I asked the same question a while back and instantly i got a big NO. Normal car batteries are vented and put out harmful fumes. So unless you want to be sitting in them i would say no too. Just save up for a while and get yourself some nice batteries. There is a difference between normal wallmart batteries vs say a powermaster or a kinetik. They are easier to charge and output faster. But i would definitely recommend dropping to 4 ohms in the time being (as long as your dual 2). This will put much less strain on your system and not fry your amp in the meantime. It wont be as loud, but itll still be enough to impress the common folk. The big 3 is easy, make sure you check out the stickied thread in the electronics/wiring section. Dont skimp out on cheap wire and try to solder the connections if you can. To answer your earlier question, you only need 1 run for each, and a fuse on the one coming from the alt. I would also recommend getting a h/o alt before you do the batteries.

1. Big 3

2. Alt

3. Batts

I had one of those amps on two kicker solox 12's. They are definitely power hungry. I also agree with wirng up to 4 ohms for the time being to keep that expensive amp safe from voltage drop.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

HO alt first. Then bigger batt under the hood.

Pics of the car? i loooove me some 3000gt's :)

have 8k hid installed

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

the 1st vid is The Dream - Let Me See that Booty

th_DSCN0369.jpg

2nd Vid is a bass remix from BIGPIMPIN91. It's Pink Floyd - Comfortabley Numb (sound surprises the hell out of people!! lol)

th_DSCN0370.jpg

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

have 8k hid installed

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

the 1st vid is The Dream - Let Me See that Booty

th_DSCN0369.jpg

2nd Vid is a bass remix from BIGPIMPIN91. It's Pink Floyd - Comfortabley Numb (sound surprises the hell out of people!! lol)

th_DSCN0370.jpg

dude you be flexin

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived