Second Skin Audio

Clif Designs CD4800.1LX Vs. JL Audio W7

Berto

Would it be somewhat hard to blow the W7 if they wire it to 3ohms?

It would just take longer, maybe clip it a smidgen. Remember they're designed for 1000w and the amps designed for them put out a modular 1000w at 1.5 to 4 ohm.

I'd guess your safe range for that on a clean signal is up to 1750. An optimum signal at that.

You'll be putting no less than 2500.

Any clipping at all at that power would kill it pretty quickly. I'd guess 30 sec or so.

Do it with the car off or at idle, power drain would shred the signal into a clip-o-matic in the mid 12s.

However, I could be stupid.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

Another note: Apparently you can smoke them at 106.1v according to this vid on this page.

http://www.mtx.com/smoked/index.cfm

For comparison, the Kicker L7 blew at 104 and the MTX9500 reached 146 without blowing.

I'm guessing that the W7 was wired to 3 ohms given they're dual 1.5s.

Just for reference.

(Yes I know these tests were done free air but still...)

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

It would just take longer, maybe clip it a smidgen. Remember they're designed for 1000w and the amps designed for them put out a modular 1000w at 1.5 to 4 ohm.

I'd guess your safe range for that on a clean signal is up to 1750. An optimum signal at that.

You'll be putting no less than 2500.

Any clipping at all at that power would kill it pretty quickly. I'd guess 30 sec or so.

Do it with the car off or at idle, power drain would shred the signal into a clip-o-matic in the mid 12s.

However, I could be stupid.

But if I play the system witht the car off wouldn't that maybe do some damage to my amp because of low voltage?

And I'm not sure if he's gonna want to build a box for it or if he's gonna want to free air it. Cuz I'm not gonna want to pay for them to build a box that I'm not gonna use or need.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

hit up "deemc" he seems to be quit good with blowing up other peoples equipment

I had to LOL at this. And I second it!

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

But if I play the system witht the car off wouldn't that maybe do some damage to my amp because of low voltage?

And I'm not sure if he's gonna want to build a box for it or if he's gonna want to free air it. Cuz I'm not gonna want to pay for them to build a box that I'm not gonna use or need.

Tell them if they wanna do it in a box, then they use their own stuff and you're not paying for the box to be built. If this guy is serious about it, then he shouldn't have a problem with it. And have your car running.

Running it it with your car off so low voltage causes clipping is not smart. You run the risk of blowing your amp or electrical system.

Just have them wire it as low as it can go (.7) put it in a prefab box (tuned to 40+hZ usually) and run a 0dB 25hZ tone with volume and gains all the way up. Make sure the car is running and your voltage doesn't drop very low. Higher voltage = more wattage.

/sub

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Wire it to 3 ohms so you don't hurt your amp.

Download a pure square wave and throw that at it. It will be pissing smoke in no time. You don't need 4000w + clipping to kill a sub. An amp that will do 2000wrms on sine waves will push like 3800w of square and that will cook it in no time at all...

Once you've killed their woofer take your shit and go elsewhere. I wouldn't have my gear installed by a shop that a. I had just dissed and b. Didn't think you would blow the tits off their woofer, given the opportunity.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i bet if someone had a warhorse, a hertz spl 15.000 or a soundstream xxx15000 to go blow that he'd probably have to give'em everything in the store

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Archived