To add to his response, The ride quality of a bagged ride is usually much better than a juiced ride, however, if you know what you are doing, and with the use of accumulators you can get a juiced ride to be just as nice as a bagged ride, but to his point, if your not familiar or comfortable with welding getting a bolt on air ride kit would probably be your best path.

When working with accumulators the cost of your hydraulic system can double or even triple a simple bagged ride cost. while the system does look fantastic and can be almost as good a ride as a bagged ride, the cost is what is the most limiting factor for people.

He would have to cut the insides of the stepside if he goes larger than 22-24's depending on his tire size.

I used to distribute for Roberts Wheels and Tires in Denver, Co. I am not sure if they are still there but they always had a great price and great service. They typically went out of their way to help with any questions you might have. Plus after Lowrider Hydraulics closed shop they were the only ones selling DH cylinders, which are the elite of the elite hyraulic cylindars.

If you break a hydraulic hose on the side of the road there is no fixing it unless you happen to travel with a hydraulic press to put the ends on. The air hoses however are much easier to fix and repair as long as you can carry a few ends around with you and a short piece of patch hose. (even better if you go with Stainless steel tubing.)

alright thanks guys. ill look up that stainless tubing u where talking about mureta. so what do u guys think bag over or try and put them behind?

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

hey i was looking around on sucidedoors.com and found this so i am going to read up alot more for awile to get this down so heres the link and what else would i need on top of this? yeah im a :noob: for now on this stuff but all the help i can get and if u guys know of some places that has some good info that i can read on and has pics, lol i love pics. give me some links

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

hey i was looking around on sucidedoors.com and found this so i am going to read up alot more for awile to get this down so heres the link and what else would i need on top of this? yeah im a :noob: for now on this stuff but all the help i can get and if u guys know of some places that has some good info that i can read on and has pics, lol i love pics. give me some links

Thats a sexy lean Air compressor, 200psi it wont win any hop competitions but will charge your system reliably. :)

thats a good system a little pricey but like i said your getting a very reliable system and good bags with it. You should get around a 7 - 7 1/2" lift with those bags. If you lay your stepside you should be able to make it over a few speed bumps. :)

Idk i'm still thinking about it. I personaly think bars would get more lift if u do it right. But I'm not sure yet. With bars would I still have a smoth ride

I can't stop building!!!

My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

There is no bolt on bag kit that is going to let you lay frame something is going to have to be fabricated. Suspension is not something to be taken lightly. I would deffinately hit up a shop in your area to give you some idea's of what your getting yourself into. As for cutting up the bed that should be a given your gonna be cutting it up as far as what wheel will clear would have to be measured out and if need be the rearend shortened.

• 1 month later...

alright thanks guys. ill look up that stainless tubing u where talking about mureta. so what do u guys think bag over or try and put them behind?

GO WITH A TRIANGULATED 4 LINK REAR END WITH THE BAGS ON THE BARS , FOR THE FRONT GO WITH A 7" OR 8" BAG IN THE FRONT , IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT , GET SOME TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS . SINCE YOU ONLY WANT TO LAY FRAME , YOU CAN PROBABLY GET AWAY WITH THE STOCK SPINDLES INSTEAD OF DROP SPINDLESS(YOU WILL GAIN AN INCH OR TWO IN LIFT ) . WITH THE BAGS ON THE BARS ON THE 4 LINK , BY PLACING THE BAGS FARTHER BACK ON THE BARS (FARTHER AWAY FROM THE AXLE ) WILL GET YOU MORE LIFT ALSO . HYDRAULICS ARE COOL BUT AIR SUSPENSION IS ALOT SMOOTHER , LESS MAINTINENCE , AND ALOT CLEANER ....

GO WITH A TRIANGULATED 4 LINK REAR END WITH THE BAGS ON THE BARS , FOR THE FRONT GO WITH A 7" OR 8" BAG IN THE FRONT , IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT , GET SOME TUBULAR CONTROL ARMS . SINCE YOU ONLY WANT TO LAY FRAME , YOU CAN PROBABLY GET AWAY WITH THE STOCK SPINDLES INSTEAD OF DROP SPINDLESS(YOU WILL GAIN AN INCH OR TWO IN LIFT ) . WITH THE BAGS ON THE BARS ON THE 4 LINK , BY PLACING THE BAGS FARTHER BACK ON THE BARS (FARTHER AWAY FROM THE AXLE ) WILL GET YOU MORE LIFT ALSO . HYDRAULICS ARE COOL BUT AIR SUSPENSION IS ALOT SMOOTHER , LESS MAINTINENCE , AND ALOT CLEANER ....

x2 this is what i would do but thats just me and my .02

DSBP_blue.jpg

parton226

YOU ARE GONNA NEED FRONT BAG BRACKETES , A 4 LINK , ANOTHER VIAIR 380 COMPRESSOR , A NOTCH KIT , AND SOME NEW SHOCKS (DIFFERENT LENGTH THAN STOCK ) , SOME GOOD FITTINGS ( THE ONES THEY SELL IN THOSE KITS ARE MEDIOCRE AT BEST , GET SOME FROM THE PARKER STORE (THE GOOD BRASS ONES , THEY COST MORE BUT ARE DEFINITELY WORTH IT ) THEY WILL PROBABLY RUN AROUND 130-160 FOR A 8 VALVE SYSTEM .

Archived