anyone have or use a stinger voltage meter??

if i was to hook mine up, do i need to hook it to rear battery and if so that means ima halfto run about 20ft of 18guage wire from the back of my truck to the dash to hook it up, i got blue 12'' led strips under my dash so i dnt mind glare's

and i guess i'll hook the blue wire to my acc wire but why cant i wire it to my front battery? it fluxuates just like my rear one does, so i unno

but ya, take off cover n theres a lil screw u turn to get it to your correct voltage, i like my fieldpiece cause it dont auto range that much, it finds the voltage and sticks to it instead of goin up and down alot

u can get a good multimeter at walmart for $20 that does pritty much everything my fieldpiece does ecept check micro farence for caps n stuff

it checks voltage, temp, continuity, ohms, has a lil flashlight on it, its back lit orange and holds numbers pritty good, i love mine too

i ran mine directly to my amp (ground into ground, remote into remote, and power into power.) that way i know exactly what voltage im getting from my amp. yes u r going to have to buy longer wiring..i just spent MORE money doing this...its a pain in the ass..but oh well..it pays off. haha :P

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

• 3 years later...

what's with the stinger voltmeter? i know steve meade makes one too, but voltmeters are everywhere! anybody gone farm-boy and hooked up a DMM on the dash?!

92 previa LE dual sunroof lunarwagon

saz-1500d v.3

2xsa-15, self-made ported enclosure tuned to 35hz

rockford all other

xspower batts, mechman 240a s-series single alt

Ive got the audio technix voltmeter, before the one mixed in with gain knob, and it looks exactly like the stinger, same dial to set it an everything. I havent tested mine or hooked it up so dont know about its brightness yet.

im iffy about the stinger ones.. if you have to adjust them then what the point? dont they go retard after the vibrations?

I ha 2 just stop working and a few people I know have had the same problem. They just die

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

what's with the stinger voltmeter? i know steve meade makes one too, but voltmeters are everywhere! anybody gone farm-boy and hooked up a DMM on the dash?!

You bumped a 3 1/2 year old to say that? **slow clap**

For what it's worth... I've been running mine for a year and a half. No issues with it. I keep it along side my VM-1

Archived