anyone have or use a stinger voltage meter??

just got mine today and installed it..i noticed on the package it says you have to adjust it...my q is..how do i adjust it to what true volts i am getting? i do have it installed from my amp so i know what voltage im getting out of my amp..i just dont want to clip if im watching it at 12v and its really 11.. thanks!

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

1 Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW (4000wrms)

All 1/0 Wiring

2 250 Amp Circuit Breakers

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

get a dmm, hook it up to the voltage on where the power of the stinger meter is, take the cover off, adjust it to the dmm

And takes like what? 5 minutes? Also do it at idle with no music on at first, then throw it on full tilt at idle, and make sure the gauge is reading out the same the DMM is; just the little extra mile you can go to make sure it's perfect.

Also, while the cover is off, you may want to throw some tint onto it. After a while, driving at night it will really start annoying you, I ended up throwing 2 layers of 5% tint on it, SOOOO much better on my eyes now.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

And takes like what? 5 minutes? Also do it at idle with no music on at first, then throw it on full tilt at idle, and make sure the gauge is reading out the same the DMM is; just the little extra mile you can go to make sure it's perfect.

Also, while the cover is off, you may want to throw some tint onto it. After a while, driving at night it will really start annoying you, I ended up throwing 2 layers of 5% tint on it, SOOOO much better on my eyes now.

excuse me for being a noob but what is a dmm?

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

I wire mine up make sure its all working proper like it should.

I then turn my key back to accessory and check the battery voltage (if you have rear battery) with a DMM. If you dont have a rear battery but are connecting the volt meter to the amp, Id then check the voltage at the power and ground wire. With no music being played.

Then I start the vehicle, and repeat the same process again, and make sure both are correct. Again, no music being played.

Then I will hold my rpm's steady at ruffly 2000rpm, and do the same test again, with no music.

If all numbers are equal from the stinger volt meter and the rear battery/power wires on a dmm I will then check one last time playing music.

I over due things at times, but I like knowing 100% that everything is working how it should.

alright, a buddy of mine has one of those..i can always pick up one at walmart!

right now i have a backup battery kinetik..i will adjust from amp like said...just kinda sounds confusing!

turn on everything without music and it should say 12.00? or a higher number but should be steady? then i will turn my car on with music off and try again..the two numbers should match according correct?

260 iraggi alt

Yellow Top for the front

1 18" Solo x

All 1/0 Wiring

BIG 3 1/0

1 Mits. 3000GT

Archived