Sonic Electronix

Type r: Mechanical error, or human error?

I was watching this video on youtube and it appears that the guy trash talking the type R subs (I don't care for them, I'm just curious) is only powering one of the coils.

It looks as if VC one's positive is connected, and jumpered to VC2, and VC 2 has a negative out, but VC one has no negative lead connected.

Human error or mechanical?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY8AfOdK4Y4

Edited by Maticus

dudes a dumbass

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

dudes a dumbass

Hope you're not speaking of me. haha.

I don't know the VC configuration on the leads but the +-+- on the terminals makes me think what I'm saying is true.

I posted a couple of comments and got bashed. lol

even if he is sending it 1000 rms, hes doing it to 1 coil, thats a bad thing to do, if the sub is rated at 1000 rms its rated using both coils.. hes prob got his gains fully maxed with bass boost fully maxed and clipping the shit out of it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

putting 2x rated power on a woofer free air, yea the dudes really bright.

The type R is a $100 sub. There beastly for what they are, i have personally put 2300wrms to 2 of them. Did they like it, no... did they get loud yes. Did they get a little stinky after 10 minutes of playing, yes.

Pioneer 500UB

1 LVL4 15" 4.3cubes tuned to 35HZ

BXi1606D

1/0

Red top in back

JBL 5 1/4's front

Infinity Kappa 6 1/2's rear

145.7 Legal on music New Audio Control

I was watching this video on youtube and it appears that the guy trash talking the type R subs (I don't care for them, I'm just curious) is only powering one of the coils.

It looks as if VC one's positive is connected, and jumpered to VC2, and VC 2 has a negative out, but VC one has no negative lead connected.

Human error or mechanical?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY8AfOdK4Y4

The guy only has one coil going it was said already the rating is for both coils so he is giving twice rated power and being free air it would blow giving it the regular rated power like wtf is wrong with this guy...

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

even if he is sending it 1000 rms, hes doing it to 1 coil, thats a bad thing to do, if the sub is rated at 1000 rms its rated using both coils.. hes prob got his gains fully maxed with bass boost fully maxed and clipping the shit out of it

That's exactly what I thought as well.

Bad thing is all the "bassheads" around here are just like this guy and think the gain is the volume and think that rockford, kicker, and JL are the only brands in the world.

I'll admit I have Kicker (2010 CVT 12 in the TCVT enclosure) but hell, I learned everything I know from you guys on here. haha.

I'm a lurker not a big poster. =P

Edited by Maticus

The guy only has one coil going it was said already the rating is for both coils so he is giving twice rated power and being free air it would blow giving it the regular rated power like wtf is wrong with this guy...

^^^ This. I'm actually surprised the sub held out that long at 700w free-air. It's a hell of a little sub for $100, that's for sure. I doubt it was a full 700w, but it held together wayyy better than some other subs I've seen free-aired at rated power.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Is it me or did that sub look brand new and blew it just to make a vid of it, then went back got his money back and screwed a store?

I have watched some of his other vids, and in the vids he says he has a couple of them laying around. I think he bought 4 new total

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.