Sonic Electronix

clipped songs are just killin me!!

Ive heard of people using a external amp, that would be powered off of a 9v battery or off your cars wiring, this would be able to help out with filtering the signal and allow you to turn you iPod down to half and then turn the amp from the iPod to normal listening volume, adn this might help ot with the clipped signal, I know most the Zune's don't start to clip till they get up to 19-20, but iPod's need to be turned to about 4/5 the way up, iPhones I have run all the way up or one notch down. These are just my methods of getting rid of clipped signals. Also if its a CD that your listening to, try ripping your CD to your computer, and increase the quality, then transfer to mp3 device. But if you are just using a mp3 device try the op-amp circuit im talking about. There are tons of easy ones.Amp circuit These actually will help smooth out the output voltage to your head unit and allow you to listen to you music at a higher volume. But if none of this works, then your head unit is a POS and you need to get a new one, cause the one you have is sending clipped signals at low voltages.

scratches head im not going to start in on all the issues i have with this post. I'll just say how about no.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ive heard of people using a external amp, that would be powered off of a 9v battery or off your cars wiring, this would be able to help out with filtering the signal and allow you to turn you iPod down to half and then turn the amp from the iPod to normal listening volume, adn this might help ot with the clipped signal, I know most the Zune's don't start to clip till they get up to 19-20, but iPod's need to be turned to about 4/5 the way up, iPhones I have run all the way up or one notch down. These are just my methods of getting rid of clipped signals. Also if its a CD that your listening to, try ripping your CD to your computer, and increase the quality, then transfer to mp3 device. But if you are just using a mp3 device try the op-amp circuit im talking about. There are tons of easy ones.Amp circuit These actually will help smooth out the output voltage to your head unit and allow you to listen to you music at a higher volume. But if none of this works, then your head unit is a POS and you need to get a new one, cause the one you have is sending clipped signals at low voltages.

:wtf:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

my brain hurts

yoda.jpg

COOL STORY BRO

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

so how do u know wwhen a ur music is clipped if ur amp doesnt have any light or something telling u its clipped ?

download audacity, and look for this

clippingchickentalk.jpg

flat on top and bottom squared off

but to you guys who said dont play full tilt, how much volume is ok?

my pioneer goes from 0-62, so would about half of that be ok?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

How much is ok will depend on how much it is clipped.

The problem with the clipping is that the RMS voltage increases from a standard sine wave. In theory, the "RMS" voltage could get really close to the peak voltage. This means the "RMS" power would equal the peak power (2x normal RMS). The increase in the power is what actually kills the speaker and eventually the amp. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

download audacity, and look for this

clippingchickentalk.jpg

flat on top and bottom squared off

but to you guys who said dont play full tilt, how much volume is ok?

my pioneer goes from 0-62, so would about half of that be ok?

ok thanks i downloaded and i cant find those wavy things i just found the show clipped and only red thin lines appear

oo wait hold up am i supposed to zoom in and press show clipping

cowboys_logo.gif

i read somewhere on another thread that most Pioneers that go up to 62, start distorting at about 54 on the volume

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Archived