Sonic Electronix

just like it says. what is the best carpet adhesive?

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

he said best, not cheapest....

weldwood contact adhesive....$40-60 per gallon.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

he said best, not cheapest....

weldwood contact adhesive....$40-60 per gallon.

He's right - I've used 3M 77, and 90.. and when the inside of the truck got above 100-110 it let go and never held after that. the suretack 92 is way better, but still iffy for summertime. The Weldwood has held up easily in the hottest days with no problems. It's not cheap by far, but you get what you pay for.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Weldwood FTW! thats all we use. you can even wait till both pieces are dry to the touch b4 you tack them together and that stuff will glue two elephants asses together in the hot desert sun

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

thanks for the replys guys. so would it be better to carpet my box in cooler weather? cz tomorrow is when is when im supposed to get it and its been like 85 - 90 degrees outside the past few days.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

oo and where can i get the weldwood stuff? do you have to order it online or do they sell it at like home depot or somethin like that?

well the 3m stuff usually works fine for carpeting boxes and such, but if youre covering complex shapes or using vinyl, you want weldwood for sure.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall