Lucky 76 Posted April 12, 2010 Report Posted April 12, 2010 So what I have now is a id x69 in the door and id cd1e horns under the dash. I was told that multiple speakers wouldn't get as loud as this setup. So I installed all of this and I feel as if that these are not as loud as if I were to do multiple speakers. I went to a car show the other day and heard 4 sets of cheap kicker components set up in passive and I couldn't hear myself over the mids and highs alone. I also loved how they sounded. Is what people have been telling me correct? Can I achieve a louder setup with my single set of mids and horns then say 4 sets of mids and tweets? I know there are many factors that come into play but I am saying in general. I am after loudness and clarity. Not necessarily sound quality per say such as staging. I am trying to keep up with my 4 18s and am looking for the best way to do it. I listen to a lot of techno and hip hop. I would like to cross over around 60 hz as far as the midbasses go. I don't have room to go over (4) 6 1/2 " midbasses in each of the doors. I can fit (4) decent sized tweeters in the doors as well. This being said. What would be the most efficient way to go about doing this? Sticking 4 sets of midbasses and 4 sets of tweets in the door? Thank you, Christopher Perugini
Skullz Posted April 12, 2010 Report Posted April 12, 2010 Somebody gave you some bad advice, the more you have the more power you can run. So your set has 100x2 and his had 100x2 by 4 times so he had 800 watts total and you had 200 watts total you tell me whats louder, that last part was just an example to show a difference. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Colin - STAPUFT Posted April 12, 2010 Report Posted April 12, 2010 More speakers means more radiating area and that means more noise. -Generally Speaking. You can get speakers that are louder than others, but when you use more speakers and power them properly, it will be louder. I don't get where those people were coming from that told you otherwise... Just make sure you give the speakers enough space (as in volume per mid-) and seal the back of the speaker off from the front to minimize cancellation of the sound waves. It would be better to go a little smaller on the speaker sizes and give them correct environment to play in than to try to shoe horn too many larger speakers in if space is that much of an issue. -but they are door speakers after all, they don't need THAT much room... 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
wL<3bass Posted April 12, 2010 Report Posted April 12, 2010 If you want loud go with: 4 of these (2 per door) Beyma 605Nd 2 of these (1 per door) Beyma CP22 2 of these (1 per door) Beyma 10BR60E Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
Lucky 76 Posted April 12, 2010 Author Report Posted April 12, 2010 If you want loud go with: 4 of these (2 per door) Beyma 605Nd 2 of these (1 per door) Beyma CP22 2 of these (1 per door) Beyma 10BR60E I would like to stick with a 2 way front stage. So basically I need a midbass that can extend a decent amount or a tweeter that can extend a decent amount while still playing loud ahahha. You guys seem to know what you are talking about. What was just said is exactly what was going through my head. They told me that I would get speaker cancelation and that it is not a good idea to play the same frequencies out of different speakers. Laws of Physics makes it clear that the frequencies would only cancel out if they were playing in different directions. My budget for my front stage is around $600 as far as speakers are concerned. I was looking on parts express and I can definitely get something going. I drive a Lincoln Aviator and there is a great deal of door volume. What do you guys recommend I go with to achieve what I am looking for?
Boon Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 What you have is a high-end SQ front stage. Not a loud one. Out of interest what are you pushing those horns with, they're like 16 or 32 ohm so pretty hard to drive with car audio amplifiers which don't make a lot of power above 4 ohms. In your case, yeah, I would go multiple drivers. 10.x volts fo' life!
Lucky 76 Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 What you have is a high-end SQ front stage. Not a loud one. Out of interest what are you pushing those horns with, they're like 16 or 32 ohm so pretty hard to drive with car audio amplifiers which don't make a lot of power above 4 ohms. In your case, yeah, I would go multiple drivers. They are 8 ohm. I am using a sundown 125.2. They are getting more than the required power. I am looking for suggestions as far as speakers go. I found a decent midbass I believe. http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_228_256&products_id=846 I don't really know the frequency response of these though. What do you think I can cross these over at with a 24 db/oct slope? Do you guys suggest anything else?
Lucky 76 Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 Also looking at http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_228_256&products_id=1511 http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_228_256&products_id=847 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-305 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-023 I know obviously that all of these will get loud and be able to do a 2 way setup with. I don't know if anyone has had any experience with these. If you have can you please elaborate on the sound quality of these drivers?
Lucky 76 Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 Then I was looking at these for the tweeters http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-1006&ctab=1#Tabs http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1004 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-822 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1032 http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-1034 I dont know how to go about matching the mids to the highs. If you guys could help me or refer something that I have not posted that would be great.
notorious97200 Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 These drivers are so cheap ! I'd like to know how they sound. Tuned in black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.