Baydestrian Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18207_Rockford+Fosgate+P1652-S.html Our very own members distance test...I can't wait to finally get these in a month or so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjklIwsi3k 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
Lucky 76 Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18207_Rockford+Fosgate+P1652-S.html Our very own members distance test...I can't wait to finally get these in a month or so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjklIwsi3k I plan on going active. The speakers I posted would get much louder than those as well.
JCiarlino Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 Take a look at these tweeters. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-362
JCiarlino Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 And these mids. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-422&FTR=&CFID=4874781&CFTOKEN=28073142
audiofanaticz Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 What you have is a high-end SQ front stage. Not a loud one. Out of interest what are you pushing those horns with, they're like 16 or 32 ohm so pretty hard to drive with car audio amplifiers which don't make a lot of power above 4 ohms. Which is when Stinger Accumatches come in very handy....
Lucky 76 Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 JCiarlino, I like those midbasses. Do you know how they sound? I am a little intimidated by those horns though. I have a funny feeling they will be rediculously screechy. I was thinking a decent silk dome tweeter to get rid of some of the harshness.
Lucky 76 Posted April 13, 2010 Author Report Posted April 13, 2010 Actually, as nice as those selenium midbasses are, I dont know if they would be able to dip as low as I want them to. I would like my subs crossed over around 60hz and the frequency response of those seleniums is 80hz.
JCiarlino Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 JCiarlino, I like those midbasses. Do you know how they sound? I am a little intimidated by those horns though. I have a funny feeling they will be rediculously screechy. I was thinking a decent silk dome tweeter to get rid of some of the harshness. I don't know how they sound personally. I have heard the horns in person though and they sound amazing. If your up to the fibreglassing task, look at these. They go down to 63Hz. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-412
JCiarlino Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 Haven't heard this car in person, but it has those horns and 10" mids.
Ray Posted April 13, 2010 Report Posted April 13, 2010 for midbass. get a set of hertz hsk165 xl drivers. trust me 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.