Sonic Electronix

need help ASAP f*cking HU wont turn on im so pissed

the harness was preowned and the guy said it was complete, ive been using this for months w/o ANY problems

and theres like 10000 fuses, generally which ones are for the radio, and could that even be the problem (stock fuses, do they affect after market radio???)

and how come it was like smelling like on fire, near the HU not the bottm left where all the fuses are in my car

^could've shorted out the fuse and blew it, how is you radio hooked up? electrical tape/crimps/solder/ heatshrink or??

what kinda car? what kinda radio model?

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

car- honda civic 2007

HU- kenwood kvt512

idk how its done it looks really profesionnal like where the 2 connections meet up theres like plastic hooking up the little wieres (like 20 of them)

HOLY FUCK!!!! now the power locks dont work, or the car unlocker/locker on the actual key

something is seriously fucked up and warantee aint covering it FUCKKK im out so much cash

EDIT: there is no fuse around or near the HU,..unless its built in idk

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

i dont see no fuse near the HU there is nothing there that looks like a fuse.??

first of find a tester and check all your fuses take the harnes and unplog for 30-1:00 for reset if that dont work fined a technician check your install before you do that.

o i forgot there are 2 fuses in the fusebox next to the battery its a backup fuse good luck.

sounds like fusing.

something is grouding out somewhere.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I cant seem to find any pics of the unit, but there has to be a fuse in the back of the unit. And yes the stock fuse would effect the aftermarket radio, cuz the radio still needs power, so check the radio fuse in your fuse block. And if you smell fire, then you may have blown something internally.

where could it be gorunding out too? anyone have pics of the ground on a aftermaerket HU

also, i have my DVD bypass thingy grounded to the silver metal frame around the HU..could that have fucked it up

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

Archived