Basically I am thinking about getting a new digital camera, and I am wondering what you think. I am thinking about trying to find a Nikon d90, but I am not sure I want to spend that much on one. So in the 400 to 500 dollar range what camera would you buy? For the record I am a tattoo artist and taking pictures of my tattoo work is about all I would use it for, but in that, macro mode is helpful for some of the smaller tattoos. The other thing is that I would want it to take an SD memory card. Let me know what you would buy.

we have the cannon powershot sx20is im no pro, but i love it!! it takes great video and pics...it blows my mother in laws rebel out of the water. and was 40x better than the nikon cameras we looked at. we spent a little over $500 and got a hd card,case,lens and some other crap.

holy cra!p i just noticed you said it will mainly be used for tattoo pics. i just got the cannon powershot a1100is its a great little camera. takes great vids and pics you can find it online for 120-150.

both take sd cards.

here is a couple pics i took with my little camera.

close up of an ugly bush in front of my house

tireshop004.jpg

tireshop001.jpg

Edited by 99vic

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

probably a canon xti for that price. seems to be what im finding them for. a d90 would be sick but theyre $$$

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

rebel xti for that

X2 but that is just to decide on the model. The video reviews they have are invaluable. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the best place to buy a camera has to be newegg.com, after you've decided on a model that is. Hot deals and usually free stuff bundled in with it.

images-1.jpg

Also keep an eye out at Best Buy. I know at mine they sell their open box items with a nice discount. For tattoos I don't think you need anything that nice. The DSLR cameras are so expensive partly because of the interchangeable lenses which won't help you much since it will all be at close range.

Also keep an eye out at Best Buy. I know at mine they sell their open box items with a nice discount. For tattoos I don't think you need anything that nice. The DSLR cameras are so expensive partly because of the interchangeable lenses which won't help you much since it will all be at close range.

But I don't see why you would pay $20 more for something from Best Buy that is out of the box when you can get it brand new at newegg? Buying a camera at Best Buy just doesn't make sense to me, heck, buying ANYTHING besides maybe DVD's or a TV or something that was on sale seems stupid to me with Ebay.

You don't buy car audio stuff there do you? Well, besides a deck.. maybe?

images-1.jpg