DC Sound Lab

Ok so i got the boss to buy a suburban for a shop demo truck will be doing a soundigital 16k quad 260 alts 4 battcap 4000 and 2 3000 for power.most likely but not set yet in the sub layout have been thinking 4 4xl 18's sub up port back around the 20-22 cube mark but was wondering if anyone had good input on tuning hz. and port area i was thinking around 34hz.I am also trying to convince the boss to do a 4th order wall but hes not sure he wants to wall it but if anyone has ideas for sealed and ported box size and tuning for that please let me know,as that would be the first big 4th order ive done.thanks in advance

Not that I mind the setup at all, as it sounds loud, but from a business point of view, wouldn't the boss want equipment in the truck to represent what he sells. I believe it would make for better marketing. If you do sell SounDigital and DC, then forgive me.

:)

well that we do we have been carrying DC since the end of last year and have done a few SD amps and we are looking to let the general public in the area what "no name" brands can do instead of saying "trust me its louder than a JL" the hioghs will probably diamond amps and componets which we also carry.

Honestly, If its going to be a daily driver/demo vehicle, i would use 5s on that power..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ive talked to rusty a few times and gone over everything and he seems to lean towards the xl and i have put a SD 8k on 2 xl18's still pounding hard no problems.

as far as build log probably not but if i get enough pic together you never know.we basically just started got body work and paint still got some work left on it the boss got a deal on the paint so of course it needs some touch up so its going back.Quad alts were being boxed up when i called iraggi today. still gotta go down to the bank and send payment to SD for the amp and of course that will take a while to show up.Batts are here and we have 8 bulk packs of mat.jsut gotta get to work on it.Anybody got all 24's that will fit going all white and black including interior if i can talk the boss into it.

as far as number of subs the price add up quick and seeing as how its already adding up real quick,and as right now he is about 80 percent not gonna wall it so im limited as far as space sub up port back

Edited by windowtinter

Demo vehicles should showcase install skill, then products, and then loudness.

I say this because as most of us know you make your money off of selling reasonably priced products and installs.

If it were me I would be focusing on ways to showcase how well your stuff is installed and keeping products installed within peoples reach. If you were to go with a wall for example, people can't afford that and don't want it. Sure there are some out there who will go and drop $10,000+, but honestly are those your bread and butter customers (if so stop reading lol)? Most people are looking for good sound while not loosing the functionality of their vehicle.

Keep your focus on your core customer and what the vehicle needs to do to get people to buy. If it's all about box/amp combo's, do a sick box (focus on looks over function), if it's all about installs, then you need to focus on ways to show your shops skill by making things that don't matter matter by making them visible (wiring, glass, wood working, etc), and the list goes on...

On a related note, if you have tons of customers talking about JL then you should have some information posted around the shop doing comparisons between JL and your products.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts