ok and what percentage of illegal immigrants have fake ss#? also compared to ones that dont have them at all? do you a reference or article talkin about this?

The fed gov also issues them tax id numbers so they can buy house also. The fed gov knows where they are and allows them to buy homes so if they really wanted to find them and pick them up they could

I think the 14th amendment needs to bee looked at. I think it should be all children born to people that are here legally is what it should be. I find it ridiculous that people can come here illegally then have a kid here and be allowed to stay.

And Dark, I agree that the federal government needs to step up and handle this issue. Since they aren't is why the states and municipalities need to handle it until the feds decide to do their job.

It will take years upon years to get that overturned just like with the 2nd amendment that will also be a long while before that ever happens.

It will take years upon years to get that overturned just like with the 2nd amendment that will also be a long while before that ever happens.

I don't want it overturned, I want it amended. The way it is currently supports illegal activity. Where as the 2nd amendment doesn't instigate crime.

here is the problem, people talk about the bill and have absolutely no clue how it works.

being checked for proper immigrant status is a secondary action to a primary offense. what that means is that the LEO has to already have you in a tier 2 encounter, before your immigrant status can be questioned. a tier 2 encounter is where you are being legally detained, and are not free to go on your way. the officer cannot create an encounter with you solely for the purpose of checking your status.

If the cops have you in a tier 2 encounter, than wouldn't they know if you're an illegal alien anyways? It seems to me that this law is kinda pointless lol...

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

If I'm caught breaking the law I go to jail, an illeagal should be treated the same as a citizen. They are breaking the law and a federal one at that.

I will say however that there is a double standard. The border I live on (Detroit River, Erie, St. Clair, etc) can be crossed without ever seeing an officer. Even if you cross legally, you only need to report in (cell or radio) that you are coming into Canada with no visual checks and it's rare that anyone bothers to do so. I find it funny how difficult it can be to sneak into Mexico (or from Mexico) while going to and from Canada is like crossing the street. Hell if a Canadian was living down the street illegally would anyone even care? I honestly doubt it (at least around here).

What some people don't know is that the bad guys trade guns over the border for drugs on a regular basis here yet that never hits the national news.

You know where I live, and they catch a TON of people crossing over where I am, I mean Mexicans and Chinese people galore! There's more Border Patrol cars out than cop cars.

And on top of that, my neighbor goes right across the river to Canada for lunch 2-4 times a week... never once has been stopped.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

You know where I live, and they catch a TON of people crossing over where I am, I mean Mexicans and Chinese people galore! There's more Border Patrol cars out than cop cars.

And on top of that, my neighbor goes right across the river in his boat to Canada for lunch 2-4 times a week... never once has been stopped.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

And on top of that, my neighbor goes right across the river to Canada for lunch 2-4 times a week... never once has been stopped.

well im going to go out on a limb but i think if hes going into canada, then thats canadas call, just like how this is in america and so it is our call.

the law i think is working wonders, but like was brought up by darkjustice, its going to need a lot more than just a law to check for legal citizenship. people are going to have to be involved in holding companies and corporations responsible, and the government is going to have to enforce employment laws that have already been in place. a couple hundred people paying into social security they will never get does not mean that money is given right away to the government (realistic timeline would be after a couple decades of unclaimed earnings) or balance out the fact for every 1 paying into social security theres thousands draining the economy. of course many people are draining our economy but this one is here now so lets fight this battle and move on to the next one.

my mother became nationalized, my father served in the military EARNING his citizenship. i am a first generation american in my family and have worked hard to be where i am at now, and dont need to see my efforts leeched off but those who should not be here.

and for the idiots these views do not make me a racist or sexist.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I misworded my response. the government isnt pushing the law, the state or states are

and if employers all stopped hiring them why would they come here? theyd come here to just change scenery and still be on the streets poorer than shit. yea they could play the system and have a child here to force citizenship, but thats somethin that this law wouldnt be able to stop.

dont you think its kind of a vicious cycle though? i mean, illegals drain the economy's resources (not the only drain i know) and so taxes and cost of living sky rocket. business owners, especially smaller ones, are forced to try and save as much money as possible, so in turn try and hire the cheapest labor they can afford. so more illegals in a sense makes it harder for businesses NOT to hire illegals, since they can barely afford healthcare, taxes, and wages to effectively pay for the cost of living.

dont you think its kind of a vicious cycle though? i mean, illegals drain the economy's resources (not the only drain i know) and so taxes and cost of living sky rocket. business owners, especially smaller ones, are forced to try and save as much money as possible, so in turn try and hire the cheapest labor they can afford. so more illegals in a sense makes it harder for businesses NOT to hire illegals, since they can barely afford healthcare, taxes, and wages to effectively pay for the cost of living.

never even thought about it like that. very good point

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

never even thought about it like that. very good point

theres good points on all sides. i like debating and taking parts in arguments because only one of two things can happen, either you become stronger in your belief or see something from another perspective. i think the most important thing is people getting on board and at least talking about stuff and being civil even with point of views they may not agree with.

Archived