theres good points on all sides. i like debating and taking parts in arguments because only one of two things can happen, either you become stronger in your belief or see something from another perspective. i think the most important thing is people getting on board and at least talking about stuff and being civil even with point of views they may not agree with.

same here. only downside is its the interwebs so in most cases thats alot to expect lol. trolls love to spark race wars and controversy

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I see it from both sides and could almost care less other then the fact that it says suspicion. whether or not it was meant to be that means ask only people who look mexican. I personally don't but come on that's bullshit. The answer is simple all you people talking shit about illegals this and illegals that would agree the law should be changed to say if you are pulled over or whatever you must show ur a citizen period. if you a fucking ginger you should be required to show your a citizen. OR do away with the law whatsoever. There cant be a fair way to reduce illegal immigration unless everyone EVERYONE is included. i could give a fuck about illegal immigration to be honest but i do care if a friend who looks Mexican gets carded and i do not.

Simple solution everyone or no one. gray area where the cop can "decide" if he "thinks" someone is illegal is bullshit. just like the airport, if there's an airport where only arab looking people get searched i'm not getting anywhere close. last i checked white people blow shit up too. not saying it helps because it probably doesn't but if someone somewhere says taking shoes off "does something" then it better be everyone, short, tall, fat, skinny blonde burnette everyone better take their shoes off

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i just wikipedia'd the law to see what it said and i got this

U.S. federal law requires certain aliens to register with the U.S. government,[5] and to have registration documents in their possession at all times.[6] The Arizona Act additionally makes it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documents,[7] bars state or local officials or agencies from restricting enforcement of federal immigration laws,[8] and cracks down on those sheltering, hiring and transporting illegal aliens.[9] The paragraph on intent in the legislation says it embodies an "attrition through enforcement" doctrine.[10][11]

Critics of the legislation say it encourages racial profiling, while supporters say the law prohibits the use of race as the sole basis for investigating immigration status.[12] The law was modified by Arizona House Bill 2162 within a week of its signing with the goal of addressing some of these concerns. There have been protests in opposition to the law in over 70 U.S. cities,[13] including boycotts and calls for boycotts of Arizona.[14] Polling has found the law to have majority support in Arizona and nationwide.[15][16][17][18] Passage of the measure has prompted other states to consider adopting similar legislation.[19]

The Act was signed into law by Governor Jan Brewer on April 23, 2010.[2] It was scheduled to go into effect on July 29, 2010, ninety days after the end of the legislative session.[20][21] Legal challenges over its constitutionality and compliance with civil rights law were filed, including one by the United States Department of Justice that also asked for an injunction against enforcement of the law.[22] The day before taking effect, a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction that blocked the most controversial aspects of the law from taking effect.[23]

anyone else read people bein referred to as 'aliens' and feel uneasy like its a slur or somethin? :shrug:

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I'm sure you're misreading the law, like many other people. It is not legal to pull over a Mexican to verify his citizenship. It does however make it legal to verify someone's citizenship that is currently with an officer, and Hispanics are not the only immigrants, just the most common to that area

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

true your right i am misreading it. but that's my whole point. You cant be racist if you card everyone. but you can if you only card "suspects" you "believe" are illegal. everyone here said it illegals come in all sizes shapes and elasticities. I haven't been to border patrol training nor arizona state police training so I don't know the "official" way they could determine if someone is or is not a citizen but i do know this you cannot look at a person and without prejudice determine if they have citizenship or not. I know I cant. So all I'm saying is this everyone or no one. take the guess work out of it.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

true your right i am misreading it. but that's my whole point. You cant be racist if you card everyone. but you can if you only card "suspects" you "believe" are illegal. everyone here said it illegals come in all sizes shapes and elasticities. I haven't been to border patrol training nor arizona state police training so I don't know the "official" way they could determine if someone is or is not a citizen but i do know this you cannot look at a person and without prejudice determine if they have citizenship or not. I know I cant. So all I'm saying is this everyone or no one. take the guess work out of it.

well so far its a very unpopular law because of what you said. based on wikipedia its a HUGE controversy issue so the law may not last. theyve already had to make revisions to it, which isnt a good sign

If they are wearing a sign that says, "I'm illegal," you can. All kidding aside though, I agree that everyone needs to be subjected to this.

well so far its a very unpopular law because of what you said. based on wikipedia its a HUGE controversy issue so the law may not last. theyve already had to make revisions to it, which isnt a good sign

Actually, last time I looked it had a 55% national approval rating. The issue is that the president had the department of justice step in and prevent the law from going active. Once again he is acting against the public opinion. The state should have been allowed to handle the state law on it's own.

i think if a woman is goin to be here illegally the bitch should put out. and thats on the real

I see it from both sides and could almost care less other then the fact that it says suspicion. whether or not it was meant to be that means ask only people who look mexican. I personally don't but come on that's bullshit. The answer is simple all you people talking shit about illegals this and illegals that would agree the law should be changed to say if you are pulled over or whatever you must show ur a citizen period. if you a fucking ginger you should be required to show your a citizen. OR do away with the law whatsoever. There cant be a fair way to reduce illegal immigration unless everyone EVERYONE is included. i could give a fuck about illegal immigration to be honest but i do care if a friend who looks Mexican gets carded and i do not.

Simple solution everyone or no one. gray area where the cop can "decide" if he "thinks" someone is illegal is bullshit. just like the airport, if there's an airport where only arab looking people get searched i'm not getting anywhere close. last i checked white people blow shit up too. not saying it helps because it probably doesn't but if someone somewhere says taking shoes off "does something" then it better be everyone, short, tall, fat, skinny blonde burnette everyone better take their shoes off

Everyone is subjected to being searched at the airports it's not just arab looking people. Oklahoma City Bombing,Timothy McVeigh your right white people blow up shit too.

i just wikipedia'd the law to see what it said and i got this

U.S. federal law requires certain aliens to register with the U.S. government,[5] and to have registration documents in their possession at all times.[6] The Arizona Act additionally makes it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying the required documents,[7] bars state or local officials or agencies from restricting enforcement of federal immigration laws,[8] and cracks down on those sheltering, hiring and transporting illegal aliens.[9] The paragraph on intent in the legislation says it embodies an "attrition through enforcement" doctrine.[10][11]

Critics of the legislation say it encourages racial profiling, while supporters say the law prohibits the use of race as the sole basis for investigating immigration status.[12] The law was modified by Arizona House Bill 2162 within a week of its signing with the goal of addressing some of these concerns. There have been protests in opposition to the law in over 70 U.S. cities,[13] including boycotts and calls for boycotts of Arizona.[14] Polling has found the law to have majority support in Arizona and nationwide.[15][16][17][18] Passage of the measure has prompted other states to consider adopting similar legislation.[19]

The Act was signed into law by Governor Jan Brewer on April 23, 2010.[2] It was scheduled to go into effect on July 29, 2010, ninety days after the end of the legislative session.[20][21] Legal challenges over its constitutionality and compliance with civil rights law were filed, including one by the United States Department of Justice that also asked for an injunction against enforcement of the law.[22] The day before taking effect, a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction that blocked the most controversial aspects of the law from taking effect.[23]

anyone else read people bein referred to as 'aliens' and feel uneasy like its a slur or somethin? :shrug:

Generally when I think of aliens I think of little green men

I'm sure you're misreading the law, like many other people. It is not legal to pull over a Mexican to verify his citizenship. It does however make it legal to verify someone's citizenship that is currently with an officer, and Hispanics are not the only immigrants, just the most common to that area

You are correct, in Florida you have the cubans coming over by the boat load if they get caught at sea they get shipped back home, they make it to land they have their foot in the door.

The law has majority support so much so that other states are looking into adopting something similar (including TN). And every law that comes up or gets passed always has revisions done to them sometimes it leaves loop holes to where the law isnt even effective.

Just wanted to get people opinion on arizona law 1070 that the governor of arizona has to decide to keep oe veto.

I think the law is legit. It sure will cut down on all the illegals taking our jobs...

If you are lonely and think nobody cares........ just skip a couple of truck payments...

Archived