Second Skin Audio

Should i keep my mtx 9500 15" or go to DC???

as the dc takes more power itll take more power to get it into its sweet spot. get it??? if your redesigning your whole system thats a different story.

in this game 9x out of 10 power wins. if you just have to spend some money put 2k to the mtx new box and have a coke n smile.

at 1k dc or mtx gonna be so close in sound youll be sick.

im sorry...i have to disagree with a lot of your opinion. but i do see where youre coming from.

but this isnt about subs performing better. you could build the best box possible but it wont compete with higher quality subs. its just the natural order. ive never been a fan of mtx, but i respect them for what they are. but when it comes time to true performance, it lacks and it has nothing to do with power.

im my opinion, you should upgrade to the dc. its not what i use, my systems are fi btls, but youre investing for the future. a subwoofer that can last, perform, with a strong sense of style and reliability. i suggest you take the demo and then see for yourself why its not just the box that seperates mtx from dc

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

if you compare your mtx in that box to any sub in a target tuned box youll hate your sub. you should be looking for someone with a 9500 customed box.

Dont get me wrong i like my mtx sub,i think it slams but i want more,i was originally just going to get another 9500 and have 2 of them but then again i was thinking of just changing all together.....Trust me im not hateing on mtx at all,i am just looking for maybe something a lil louder and that maybe will accept a lil more power, i got a killer deal on this mtx sub so if i make a huge mistake i geuss i could always go back...maybe

the efficiency is the number you wanna be lookin at.. and from the looks of it its much lower than the dcs.

the dc is 89.4db and the mtx is..87 db

if he wants to do the swap my level 4 is a direct equivilent to his 9500.

my guess is the dc will not only be louder.. but get lower and sound cleaner doing it..

true... so sas bazooksa has supper high efficiency??? so what.

im not trying to bust your balls. its just my thinking... ive done some decent numbers off walmart subs which made the big boy sub followers wonder.

im sorry...i have to disagree with a lot of your opinion. but i do see where youre coming from.

but this isnt about subs performing better. you could build the best box possible but it wont compete with higher quality subs. its just the natural order. ive never been a fan of mtx, but i respect them for what they are. but when it comes time to true performance, it lacks and it has nothing to do with power.

im my opinion, you should upgrade to the dc. its not what i use, my systems are fi btls, but youre investing for the future. a subwoofer that can last, perform, with a strong sense of style and reliability. i suggest you take the demo and then see for yourself why its not just the box that seperates mtx from dc

well said! and I love your avatar :lol:

and I would put a dc sub against the mtx anyday.

heres what will go down..

play the mtx.. in the mtx box.. then play the dc in the mtx box..

then play the mtx in my box.. and then play the dc in my box..

im not even satisfied with the box i have for my dc. but it does ok..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

ive done some decent numbers off walmart subs which made the big boy sub followers wonder.

proof?

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Thanks for your input....:)

And thanks for that AMAZING ass in your avatar.....:):good:

Dont get me wrong i like my mtx sub,i think it slams but i want more,i was originally just going to get another 9500 and have 2 of them but then again i was thinking of just changing all together.....Trust me im not hateing on mtx at all,i am just looking for maybe something a lil louder and that maybe will accept a lil more power, i got a killer deal on this mtx sub so if i make a huge mistake i geuss i could always go back...maybe

those mtx subs are very underrated. at 1k its just waking up. i know this cause i used to be sponsored by mtx. not trying to push mtx but since you have it... just makes sense. can always swap the sub out later. yah know?

oh and the box is built well by mtx but imo its a well built piece of shit.

Archived