what to tune too....

yea i tore out my wall of 12 10's and built 2 boxes exactly the same and did the L port tuned to 37 hz, and it sounds decent but its not what i had imgned it would be , maybe its because i have too little air space or because i have it tuned to high or what ever

the boxes are 30W x 17.5D x 17 high and like i said tuned to 37hz and i have 3 10s in each box (mainly because my amps are only stable for daily at 2ohm , i can do burps at 1ohm but daily will cook the amps)

think my problem is mainly air space that i need to double the size of each box to get more sound out of them?

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

no idea but hey what amps did you use for those 10s again? im thinking if i could get ahold of 10 or so hx2 8's i would be in good shape to do something fun... but that would ruin my whole 5 way idea, and ruin any dts comps i want to go to

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

if those are your outside dimensions then that only comes to about 1.77cubes per box and that is before any displacement from the port/subs...i would say that is waaayyyyy to little air for 3 10's... i would say do about 4 cubes per box (maybe more) and after u figure in port and sub displacement that should be around 3 cubes net (1cube/sub)...and maybe tune it lower. the longer the port the lower your tuning, so make it long (maybe start at 32hz) and keep cutting some off until it sounds like u want it

i likes me some audio stuff...

if those are your outside dimensions then that only comes to about 1.77cubes per box and that is before any displacement from the port/subs...i would say that is waaayyyyy to little air for 3 10's... i would say do about 4 cubes per box (maybe more) and after u figure in port and sub displacement that should be around 3 cubes net (1cube/sub)...and maybe tune it lower. the longer the port the lower your tuning, so make it long (maybe start at 32hz) and keep cutting some off until it sounds like u want it

I think your Math is off bro.

30 x 17.5 x 17 = 8925

Divide by 1728 = 5.1649305 cubic feet.

minus port and subz= I have no idea.

How much port area MrWiggles???

are you tuning for daily? bassrace/bas boxing?

2.5w x 17.5h x 14.5d port 2 is 17.5h x 6 deep L shape

i used the re calculator but found out that it is way way off IMO

i am looking for daily driver with a high spl and bad ass bass boxing , so i need it tuned low, but still capable of doing a nice spl number (spl is not important) but winning in bass boxing is

hope i made some sence

i decided to keep my 12 10"s instead of selln em , i want to reinstall my box but do my box different before i put it back in (IE) it has a huge ass port i can climb off in,

with all 12 subs on the face i still have a 14w x 30H port and i want to close it up or properly tune it for bass boxing, total air space as of now is 19.5cf without port consumption, the depth of the box from back of face to front of back wall is 24d x 24 w then the box takes on a angle all the way to the passenger side in which its only 12 or so deep, what would be a recomndable port size to tune my box too, i can cut the side off and shorten the box or just make a new face either way any mods to the box is simple due to it being out of the van ....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

David

Quote from: amatt85 on Today at 06:39:45 PM

I think your Math is off bro.

30 x 17.5 x 17 = 8925

Divide by 1728 = 5.1649305 cubic feet.

minus port and subz= I have no idea.

How much port area MrWiggles???

are you tuning for daily? bassrace/bas boxing?

yea...i have no idea what the hell happened, my finger must have slipped on the calculator :-[. i took 3/4" off everthing but that is still 4.61cf....sorry...lol

i likes me some audio stuff...