2001 Ford Explorer Sport Stock Alarm

I noticed that my alarm doesn't go off... ever. I've tried opening the door through the window while the alarm was activated, tried standing on the foot steps and jumping up and down to bounce it, even bumping against it... nothing works. The panic button does work when I press it. I have an entry keypad to get in and I have the button on the keychain, both work. Is this odd or am I missing something? I'm pretty sure that the alarm should be going off when I do these things. I'm also pretty sure it has an alarm because it sounds like an alarm is going off when I hit the panic button.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

Maybe it's some type of relay or fuse problem... That might end up saving me a couple hundred bucks.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

When the alarm goes off it's not as loud or able to draw as much attention as a DEI alarm. And when breaking in if the thiefs doing so break the glass and push the unlock button it will stop. Happened to me at school. The alarm sounded for 6-8 secs and was disabled.

To be honest if someone wants your stuff badly enough it's not going to matter what you have unless you have a security team or flame throwers at your disposal.

I just feel more comfortable with my Viper alarm. You can get a Viper 5701 and many other models for under 175$. The install is what will cost you. I just do mine myself.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

I just feel more comfortable with my Viper alarm. You can get a Viper 5701 and many other models for under 175$. The install is what will cost you. I just do mine myself.

With that, was it hard to install it yourself? And how sensitive should you make the viper alarm system? A friend has one and everytime i go by their car with my bass on it goes off. And it annoys so many people. But i don't want it to not be sensitive. I have the same problem as you. I go to school too and i'm really worried about someone breaking into my car and taking all of my car audio stuff. As of right now, i am saving up for a car alarm, looking at viper too.

it may not be an alarm. It sounds like a keyless entry system with panic/vehicle locator. Pretty common.

BINGO just get an aftermarket installed it will solve ur problems...

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

It's just a Ford PATS (Passive Anti Theft System).

http://www.1-800-pdq-keys.com/news.htm

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo