Sundown Audio

Sub Amp Selection help.

ImLow78

I have just posted in the Subwoofer forum about what my sub preferences at and now I'm looking for some help in the amp.

when I started the venture I was going to be modest and just put one sub and a Alpine PDX-1000.1 to match the PDX-150.4 that I already have on the mids and highs. Now that I'm looking in to 3 tens or 3 twelves and the ohm load could go as low as 1 ohm that amp I feel just wont cut it. So now I;m looking into the Hifonics XX amps, Rockford Power amps, JL Slash, Orion HCCA Or maybe Zapco. so what would be the best choice for the weekend warrior. as for power I have now Idea at this time Because I'm still undecided on the Subs and what size due to the little amount of space that I have to work with. "My d*mn wife insists that we keep the third row set functional" So be for you guy reply maybe you could read my post in the subwoofer forum and then you might know where I'm going with this. Thanks! Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

you said 3rd row so that means you have a truck. what kind of truck do you have? do you want it to be loud or sound quality or a lil bit of both? i'd go rockford or hifonics amps and what subs do you plan on getting?

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Its a 2004 Tahoe. I would like a little but of both. I also for got to add that I'm in the process of putting in a Audiocontrol DQXS. As for the subs Looking at the TC Sounds TC-3000 12", MTX 9500 12", FI Q or BTL 12" and the RE SX or XXX 12".  I was thinking of running 3 drivers but I think I'm going to scale down to just 2.Thanks! Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

sounds like you'll be using a pair of 10s behind the 3rd row of that tahoe then. it's hard to put 12s in that truck and have the recommended airspace. face them upward along with the ports and you'll be rocking.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Well I have thought about firing the subs down to fit the 12's. here's the draft of the box.

post-9-1159937264.jpg

Tahoe_Sub_Box.JPG_thumb

• 3 weeks later...

Kicker ftw! they are underrated.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/