What Volume Headunits Clip At

What does flat settings mean? No bass, treble or anything like that?

I question the fact that a person with that high of a post count really did not know what flat settings meant........he i obviously " asking " the question for the noobs that did not know what to ask.

I hope..

Look at the date of that post please, and my post count means absolutely nothing.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

now my deh-8300s eq is flat but i also have a clarion eq. im assuming flat would be in the middle? or all the way to the left? im sure ppl have to have this eq lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

• 2 weeks later...

now my deh-8300s eq is flat but i also have a clarion eq. im assuming flat would be in the middle? or all the way to the left? im sure ppl have to have this eq lol

I have exact same setup. middle is flat for all the frequency bands, then volume and sub volume of course right is up left is down.....Pioneer 8300UB 62/62 clean for 1000Hz 0db, 61/62 45Hz -4.6db. sorry, didnt do a sweep....

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

my cheap ass Dual clips as soon as you hit the fuckin power button

:lol:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I want to point out to everyone here that ipods have been known to clip music at full volume... Best thing you could do is burn the track to a cd or if you have USB on your cd player put it on a flash drive.

My pioneer 510UB clips at 58/62 with a flash drive and around 45-46 off my ipod..

Bumping this because this is important to know.

From what I've heard if your using a 30 pin dock connector on a iPod/iPhone ready headunit it's not amplified and would be the same as a CD/ flash drive but if you use the headphone jack it is amplified and the iPod will clip at full volume

I'm gunna scope my pioneer AVH-P4300DVD here soon

I believe you are right, i was doing a little tuning on my kenwood with the ipod at max volume running through the aux on the hu, eq at half, and everything flat it would distort at like 27 out of 35, i was like wtf? until my friend which knows what he's doing unlike me, told me to put a cd in and it distorted to my ear at like 33 out of 35 but that's with the amp most likely not tuned properly, gotta get an oscope or distortion listener to get it just perfect :D

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I love how no one asked about sony head units :lol::rofl:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Pioneer DEH-4100UB Clip free up to 45

Alpine CDA-9886 Clip free up to 24

Both O-Scoped at flat settings, as always.

Some headunits are different, despite the fact that they are the same exact model number and everything. The numbers are good guidelines, but you never know until you put your equipment on an Oscilloscope.

Is the 9886 really only good up to 24???.... i have this headunit... what a piece of garbage..

Any louder than 24-26 on Alpine decks sound like garbage anyways, excellent sq when used properly. :)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Archived