What Volume Headunits Clip At

i have my sub level at +10, at 0 you can barely hear shit. and anything under +10 my mids/highs cant keep up ( not on a 4channel or anything fancy yet ) so is it bad im pushing volume 25 with +10 sub level? i dont have loud on or anything lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

alot of guys posted what the head units clip at but never said anything about the settings they have them on. im guessing that has a lot to do on when it clips. i have my sla at +2, sub level -2, loud off, sound retriver off, and my eq is at flat or below and i dont go any higher than 30 on my volume

I dont think putting it up that high would be good but nobody can really tell you unless you have the DD-01 or oscope. I used to run mine at +5 but now after changing out my stock speakers to some RF comps (no amp) I seem to have more subwoofer output so I can have mine at 0 and vol. 28 and its nice, only 500rms too.

You are running at least 2k RMS and you need to have your sublevel up to +10? Something doesn't sound right gain wise

Watch this Dyablo

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't clipping have something to do with your electrical. i.e. shitty electrical it clips at lower volumes, and vice versa?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I dont think putting it up that high would be good but nobody can really tell you unless you have the DD-01 or oscope. I used to run mine at +5 but now after changing out my stock speakers to some RF comps (no amp) I seem to have more subwoofer output so I can have mine at 0 and vol. 28 and its nice, only 500rms too.

You are running at least 2k RMS and you need to have your sublevel up to +10? Something doesn't sound right gain wise

Watch this Dyablo

ive seent the video and yea i did pre order the dd-1 so i think they said that they would shipp some time in agu cant wait till it gets here. all this guessing bs :drink40:

When I had my alpine 9887, BTL, and Hifonics 2610d, If i had the Sub Level at 0 it didn't sound loud at all. But at +15 it would sound like any other equivalent BTL setup. (this was with gain 3/4)

But now that I think if it, when I set the gain on the amp the Sub Level was +15 to begin with. So this would be the reasoning behind why it sound real low at 0? It was basically acting like it was at 0 and being turned down to -15. So I had no benefit from this at all, except clipped signals? lol

Hope I didn't lose anyone while reading this :pardon:

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(

Anyone know about the alpine CDA-105 clip point?

Clean at 24, Soft clip at 25

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Anyone know about the soundstream vir 7870bt

NEW

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

2 XS Power D3400

Kicker HyperFlex 1/0

Soundstream Vir 7870bt

OLD

2010 Jeep Patriot

2 Murdered Out Black DC LVL 4 15s With XL Recones(with 1 extra spider pack a piece)

1 Crescendo BC 3500

1 MB Quart 60.4

1 Set RF T1 6x9s Up Front

1 XS Power D3400(Front)

1 XS Power D3400(Back)

2 runs of 1/0 Kicker Hyperflex

SoundStream Vir 7870bt

Fat Mat Rattle Trap Xtreme

[www.youtube.com/tntravelers33]

FEEDBACK

Just curious to know, and a little bit of a noob, but what effect do different frequencies have in relation to clipping? I mean if you set it to not clip at 50hz, 1khz, etc, then you know those frequencies are clean, but what about the rest of the frequencies? sorry to be a real noob, and please don't hate, just curious.

Archived