Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

inverting 2 subs in a box and not tieing that shit down. breaked to hard box did front flip and landed into back my seat amp was thrown onto passanger seat.

meh it just set up for tonight to compete. 145 off 1500 watts so far, should win my noob class lol

other would be buying 14 subs when i only need 8 for a wall..

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Thinking it would be a fun CHEAP hobby lol

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

My BIGGEST mistake was buying all new gear after being out of the "car audio loop" for ten years....without researching!! I assumed what was "good" then, was still good. Not the case at all......so, I ended up selling almost everything and starting over. It's crazy how quality changes and things evolve over the years, including the level of knowledge in some of the young guys.....well those who dont have thier heads up thier asses anyway. There is always something new to learn!

I feel the same way, but i was only out of the loop for about 2 years! I thought RE was still a good quality name, but i hadn't heard they had been bought out and cheaped out on everything.. i have a few grand worth of RE and USAmps products sitting here waiting to be installed this summer, and i kind of wish i did more research.

My mistakes:

-Bought T3 subs :rofl:

haha

but,

i am in the same boat as everyone who has touched a wrench on a battery's pos and neg ha.

oh and another mistake was buying a Boss Amp.

and wiring an amp down to 1 ohm when its only 2 ohm stable.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Watching one of buddys trying to make a large battery fit in a small area, after he did all that he reversed the polarly of his battery and burnt every fuse in his car. Hooking up a head unit on a old car with a power wire from the battery. Cutting a hole in my door for more speakers before thinking about making it look good. hahaha good memories.

2001 Nissan Frontier3/5 drop

''Gutted"

Underconstruction

If you don't let your unborn swim in her mouth someone else will.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a brand new pair of infinity components, didn't have an extra amp so i just hooked em up to the front output off my sub amp (still don't know the manufacture of that amp to this day) The weird thing was the front output only had 2 +'s and 1 -. ended up blowing one of the mid's. Damn it was loud as hell while it worked. I'm guessing i bridged the amp and he speakers are 2 ohm so the amp saw 1 ohm. don't know how much power they were getting but they handle 100 rms each.

I also made the mistake of not bolting down my amp's. I had 3 amps mounted to a board that just sat in my hatch, someone got in my car, pulled the whole board and slammed the door on the wires and just yanked the amps loose from them. that was a nice thing to wake up to.

I took someone advice on an enclosure "if you don't put a divider in they will hit way harder" (sealed). Yeah, talk about box flex. lol

My worst mistake ever was when I first started in car audio , age 16, and I drilled through the firewall, and when I got through I felt pressure....So I drilled harder and faster, because darnit...I was going to run the power wire correctly....the added pressure was a brake booster. I tried to plug it with that gorilla snot , black tar stuff to cover up the "hiss" noise. The customer got about 3 blocks away, the tar sucked through the hole and their brakes almost went out. I never made a huge mistake before OR AFTER that.

I have chased my own ass around and did troubleshooting and replacing amps , head units and wires all to find out later that I didnt put a fuse back in....but thats all of us who have been installing for longer than 1 year. haha! Great topic. I only hope others laugh (and learn) from our mistakes.

I dont really have any YET as I am only 16 but I do have a question, When I unhook my battery do hook up my fosgate bd1000 Everytime i put the power in the terminal on the amp it sparks.. I put the ground in first, what am i doing wrong? noob question I know

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Archived