Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

Me...today...finished my recones and THEN checked the impedance......coils read 2 ohms, I need 1 ohm coils.

Lesson: Check coils before reconing.

Then, I went and got my neighbor's Fluke......and the coils read 1 ohm.

Lesson: Get a better DMM.

ROFL COPTER

I left out the real knee slapper........before I borrowed my neighbor's dmm, I emailed Cody saying I had the wrong coils :idiot:

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Was installing t2 door speakers in my honda and the speaker mount was too shallow so i decided to smash it with a hammer without taking it out of the door to save time not realizing the window was rolled down and SMASH

domo.gif

NISSAN SKYLINE GTR R32 (Build in progress)Fosgate POWERhttp://www.stevemead...-fosgate-power/--------------------------------------------------------------------97 Honda AccordRockford Fosgate1400 watts RMS totalhttp://www.stevemead...e-1400watt-rms/---------------------------------------------------------------------

Way too many young-uns in this thread. I remember a day when cars didn't have speaker locations in the front and we had to cut them. The preferred way was to use a BIG hole saw chucked up in a 1/2" electric drill. If you were thorough, you measured about 8 times, removed the door panel to triple check for clearance, cut the hole through the material and plastic in the door, then put the panel back on and marked the hole in the metal, cut the hole, drill holes in the door and jamb to run the wires, reassemble, install the speaker, and then repeat for the other side. If you were commissioned, you marked the center spot on the panel with a sharpie and drilled the panel and door at the same time.

Let's just say that I saw more than a bit of carnage with the latter strategy. If you didn't reverse the drill to go through the material and the panel in reverse, it would snag the material and rip it right off the panel. If you were wise enough to do that, when you put the drill in forward to go through the metal, you'd be going hog wild and the hole saw would snag - it stopped but the drill kept turning . . . turning the arms of the guy hanging on to it at an alarming rate.

Although I didn't do any of that . . . I did "attempt" to mount 6x9s in the doors of a 80s model Chevy truck with power windows. I drilled a 3/4" hole in the door, realized that there was no way in hell a speaker was going in that door, and then plugged the hole with a 3/4" flat grommet. OOPS . . . but we'll give you a great deal on the dash speakers!

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Me...today...finished my recones and THEN checked the impedance......coils read 2 ohms, I need 1 ohm coils.

Lesson: Check coils before reconing.

Then, I went and got my neighbor's Fluke......and the coils read 1 ohm.

Lesson: Get a better DMM.

LOL.

Using drywall phillips screws to mount subs. poked holes in 2 cones :(

no more of that though, impact + lag bolts.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Pico fuse. Nuff said?

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Just recently I bought circle bits online and I got anxious and decided not to wait for them to come in to cut a perfect hole with my drill in my back door for a tweet and I used my brothers circular saw (first time using one) and the bit I was using caught something on the door and jerked it sideways leaving me with this.

getattachmentaspxqz.jpg

Its now covered with duct tape haha

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Archived