Sonic Electronix

Biggest Car Audio Mistakes?

let me see hmmm wich one of the many should i tell? during one upgrade i bought a bigger amp before i got the bread for subs. well my impaitence got the best of me , hooked it up and blew the subs i needed to sell to be able to afford the new ones, took me 3x's longer to get the new ones. morale..... paitence is a virtue

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

About 15 years ago I had an Earthquake 18 (in a sealed box)pushed by a Phoenix Gold Amp. One day when I had it turned up I heard a weird cracking sound so I went and popped the trunk and the box had flexed so much that it stripped the screws right out that held the sub in the box and was bouncing around. Then (not using my brain :noob: ) I decided "well I guess I need bigger screws". I replaced all the screws with some huge screws that barely fit the holes of the sub. Two days later, same sound. Popped the trunk and the damn thing popped the screw heads off. All I needed was bracing :noob: .

I have a few.The worst was not mounting a couple of my batteries properly and slowing down for a boarder check near Mexico one tipped and made a pretty bad mess catching some school papers in the back I had on fire. It was a scene for the boarder patrol though.

steven.jpg

back when I didn't really understand ohms and how to wire a subwoofer I wired a dual 2 (thought it was making it a 2 ohm load) down to 1 ohm on a 2 ohm stable amp and blew the amp. Wasn't a big deal as it was under warranty but I forgot to send it back in to audiosavings and now it just sits in my closet.

psh i said it topped the list. not that i didnt get it to work out. built a new box. and it be loud as fawk. i just hate bein limited to what i can do with all my equipment. but holy hell its worth it now

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

psh i said it topped the list. not that i didnt get it to work out. built a new box. and it be loud as fawk. i just hate bein limited to what i can do with all my equipment. but holy hell its worth it now

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

At dB Drag Finals in 2008. I bass raced a 140.0 in my qualifying run.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion