i actually wouldnt mind the T2 if it had a paper cone... i think its quite a bit more beefy then the norm 1kw woofers

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

We did some more testing tonight and got it up to 144.2db. Our tuning is still off. Its a little more difficult trying to recalculate box tuning while changing port lengths which changes box volume which changes the tuning you were shooting for. Our original port setup was supposed to be tuned to 44hz but ended up at 46hz which was way too high. We brought it down a little to 43hz and hit the 144 but it still needs to be lower. This was with the box facing the rear. Tomorrow we're going to try facing it forward and using external aeros (to save box volume) and see what happens with a 38hz tuning. Hopefully with the 38hz tuning it'll peak perfect at the resonance 43hz. I'm really thinking we can get a high 45 low 46 when we get the tuning straightened out. Not bad in a stock trunk car with about 3000-3200 actual watts and stock electrical.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Today we turned the box around facing it forward and retuned it. Using four external 4" aeroports we tuned it to 41hz and hit 145.8db. Theres still two Optima Yellowtops waiting to get installed to help stabilize the stock electrical and maybe we'll see a 146.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I'm the same way now. Their new sub lineup doesn't impress me and its way overpriced. Thats why I'm still running older HX2 subs in my truck and recently purchased a set of Fi BLs. RF will have to come with something nice, new, and competively priced to get me to switch back to their subs. Now their power amps are great. They look good, sound good, produce a ton of under-rated power, and the prices aren't bad online (especially through HDA). I hope they don't phase these out.

the team rf woofers havent been made in like 3 yrs or so.. the ones on HDA are leftovers. the black motor ones are cactus sounds motors. the silver top ones are tc sounds tc4hp motors:) a shame- only rf woofer i ever liked

im banned because im a jackass....WOOT

Archived