07 TBSS Fi Team 18's B-Walled 4th

Remember we want that thing for a day when its all done and no we won't demo it for anyone just on display...you can demo all you want.... let me know how the soundstream components sound cause if you need a higher watt set i would recommend the polk audio 6500's but we will have to see....Tom Xtreme Custom Car audio, Rochester Hills,Mi 48309

Sorry I didn't get back to you today man just saw you called when I got back in the house, been at it all day.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Gotta love the TBSS.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

I know this is a tbss thread but do you got more pics of the caddi :drinks:

I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

Well I didn't get too many pics today, but I'll try harder tomorrow. When you're covered in MDF it's hard to work a camera... :pardon:

Decided to pop open one of the XXX's while I was drinking my coffee this morning trying to motivate...

CIMG0901.JPG

Started out with something easy, soldered up my wiring harness (GMRC-1 with chimes going in)...

CIMG0910.JPG

Dash off, easy as pie once I hooked the battery back up to move the shifter out of the forking way (I always forget that).

CIMG0912.JPG

Yea so if you have a GM with this sensor (upper left) you twist it then pull to get it out, don't use the clip, it doesn't do anything when you release it (30 minutes wasted there). My hand is tore to hell from getting that pos out.

CIMG0913.JPG

Soundstream tweet is going in the 3.5's spot.

CIMG0915.JPG

Some scrap wood for a quick setup. I don't have any paint handy and the TB was blocking in the Caddy so it's staying o-natural for now.

CIMG0917.JPG

Both sides done (done enough for now)...

CIMG0916.JPG

Ripping off the doors.

CIMG0919.JPG

Random interior pieces, I was taking a picture of something specific, but I don't remember what the hell it was.

CIMG0920.JPG

Bose FTL

CIMG0921.JPG

Door off, look at all that space!

CIMG0922.JPG

More shots of the Bose system... <_< How shallow they are is pretty cool though.

CIMG0923.JPG

SlappinF150 showed it so I tossed all the interior in the back seat for storage.

CIMG0924.JPG

Box in progress, I forgot to get a bigger bit for the )(&@#@#)*& router so I busted out the circa 1971 Black n Decker jigsaw... It cut like .2 inches per minute, seriously. Slappin took off to his buddies to borrow a better one which did about 1 inch per minute (vast improvement). All tolled it would have be faster to just run up to Lowes or Aco for a bigger bit, but whatever.

CIMG0926.JPG

So we test fitted the SMD but since it has the bolt we needed to rest it on something... Luckily I happen to have plenty of blown JL 12's.

CIMG0929.JPG

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

It's hard to tell, but on the second fitting the sub bottomed out and well it doesn't even move anymore. SMD 1... JL 0

CIMG0930.JPG

Here was a test fit of the box before we slap on the bottom. Yea I know it's above the windows. I'm not out to compete, just enjoy the beat and spread it around. Should that change we'll have to make up a shorter box.

CIMG0931.JPG

Packed up and that was all she wrote for today. Tomorrow I finish mounting the mids in the doors and figure out where I'm going to put the 2nd set of tweets. They will more than likely just go flush in the back doors, but not sure yet might go up front. After that Slappin should be by and we will get the box cleaned up, braced, and put the bottom on.

Alts and Second Skin should be in by the end of the week. Hopefully it's all done by then so all I have to do is rip out the headlines, carpet, doors, deaden it, and hook up the alts. Very ambisous schedule, but who knows... :nea:

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Glas to see you putting the JL's to good use :)

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

I know this is a tbss thread but do you got more pics of the caddi :drinks:

No I don't, it's on the patio under 2 covers right now to make room in the garage for the TB, I'm going to do another log for it after this boy is done. My subs are shot (not the W3's holding up the SMD, another set of 3 W6s) in it so it's due for a new sub and a new box.

Pioneer X8500
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

No I don't, it's on the patio under 2 covers right now to make room in the garage for the TB, I'm going to do another log for it after this boy is done. My subs are shot (not the W3's holding up the SMD, another set of 3 W6s) in it so it's due for a new sub and a new box.

Which of course Ill make lol.

And if you guys were curious. Each sub is going to have right around 5 cubes after displacements. And its tuned to 33 using 12in per cubic foot. Box should be done tomorrow- paint/whatever were doing to it.

Rob, I think im almost more excited to get this done than you are lol. :clapping::woot:

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Archived