Team_DC-Derrick Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 .01 off on the ear o meter, not bad right? The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
rival904 Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 Shoulda went with DC power. 2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab 2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts 4(and counting) XS Power 6500's 4 DD3515s Supercharged 53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough 8 DD M1b's 6 Selenium 8's 2 Selenium ST350s 154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp Build Log
UnderLoK Posted July 20, 2010 Author Report Posted July 20, 2010 Shoulda went with DC power. Anything but Iraggi would have been fine I guess. Then again if I went with DC I would still be waiting for my alternators... If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
rival904 Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 Yea, but think of all the time saved of not having to send em back every month. 2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab 2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts 4(and counting) XS Power 6500's 4 DD3515s Supercharged 53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough 8 DD M1b's 6 Selenium 8's 2 Selenium ST350s 154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp Build Log
UnderLoK Posted July 20, 2010 Author Report Posted July 20, 2010 I took it so I'm posting it, but the video blows, as I said when I started the next one I thought I smelled coil but quickly realized it wasn't coil, more like sweet burning plastic, then I saw smoke from the hood... See the voltage, I was suspicious when I saw it hit 12.1 as it wasn't going balls out and I had just started playing it... Well shortly there after I think the regulator blew up. Going to head out to Xtreme to get on Tom's TL tomorrow and see what it puts up, I'll try to remember my camera I should kill that 140.6 at 28hz now Yea, but think of all the time saved of not having to send em back every month. About to be three returns... If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
mxman38 Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 Looks. Real good but do u have any pics of the wire under the truck? If you are on tbss owners it explains the whole ground issue in depth, I still haven't dealt with the headliner removal because of the dvd player and bullcrap.
G_skillz81 Posted July 20, 2010 Report Posted July 20, 2010 Be very carefull with those Knu fuse holders with the 3 miniAnls - they do not like bass or vibrations...at least they never worked for me - I kept having them come loose and causing voltage issues. I stick with Stinger ANL holders that accept soldered 0-rings The SS looks great though! sweet truck. hope you get your problems solved 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/ Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10" Shok-wiring & RCA's XS Power D6500 Mechman 320A Sundown Audio Russia http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81
UnderLoK Posted July 20, 2010 Author Report Posted July 20, 2010 Be very carefull with those Knu fuse holders with the 3 miniAnls - they do not like bass or vibrations...at least they never worked for me - I kept having them come loose and causing voltage issues. I stick with Stinger ANL holders that accept soldered 0-rings The SS looks great though! sweet truck. hope you get your problems solved Thanks man, I haven't had a problem with them yet (not to say I won't). Two of them have been sitting in that location since early May and have held up OK. I will be sure to keep an eye on them though. I actually have lug holders in the rear of the truck because they are not only cheaper, but I just trust a ring more than some compression fitting. If the DATs don't go back in I have enough of them to swap out the KNU's should the need arise (2 not being used in the rear and 3 backups). Those KNU's would work better in the rear anyways (front to rear run). Which reminds me, we did kind of forget to fuse the back, I gotta get that done in the next few days before I forget If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
UnderLoK Posted July 21, 2010 Author Report Posted July 21, 2010 Well per usual I forgot to actually use my camera... Anyways, I did a 156 for a split second but the jackass forgot to set it to peak hold... Not sure if that number was real or not (I vote not, but the guys swore up and down it did it), but after that (once my voltage tanked in the 12's) the best I could do is a 148.8 which ain't too bad on 12v (stock 145a alt) I also forgot which song it was that I went over 150 on... fail For the record it was sealed on the dash, can't wait to try again with my alts and again I'm just happy it's playin This box needs a redo mainly because it's tuned so damn low with where it sits. I think I was peaking at 28hz down in Columbus and playing stuff that low makes me a little nervous. On a side note if Dom doesn't refund me on this 300a it will be up for sale when it gets back from repair. Looks. Real good but do u have any pics of the wire under the truck? If you are on tbss owners it explains the whole ground issue in depth, I still haven't dealt with the headliner removal because of the dvd player and bullcrap. Sorry man just noticed your response. The ground issue is only partially fixed. There is a ground strap near the battery which is the factory inductive pickup which needs to be incorperated in order to get the ECU to respond to the additional load. I think what I need to do is make alt ground one 3/0 run which I might be able to fit in that pickup. Right now under full load the most the alt puts out (unless I trick it) is 13.8v. If I start the truck and load it right away it stays in the 14's and 15's for a couple minutes. Unfortunately that is just how these 2 plugs charge, low and slow like my smoker I wish they made a VCM for my truck 2 plug 2 wire FTFL... Going to check on an MLA, that would resolve the issue. If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
PUNKYOU007 Posted July 21, 2010 Report Posted July 21, 2010 I would suggest you seriously look into an MLA...can you say voltage FTMFW! I love mine and would live with out it! Great build bro. Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.