Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, i was just looking under the hood and I noticed that my battery terminals, along with the bolts on it have completely rusted. I dont want to remove any bolts in fear of stripping them because of the rust, so do you guys have any suggestions of removing the rust without harming the battery? I need to get the rust off the terminals and the bolts. Thanks!

Hey guys, i was just looking under the hood and I noticed that my battery terminals, along with the bolts on it have completely rusted. I dont want to remove any bolts in fear of stripping them because of the rust, so do you guys have any suggestions of removing the rust without harming the battery? I need to get the rust off the terminals and the bolts. Thanks!

If you had an optima you'd take it back to them and get a free one.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

i have that problem a tiny bit i am just going to get a new battery im doing the big 3 anyway i am not going to worry about the stock wires unless it appears to cause real harm

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Replace em.

Trust me, remoing the rust won't fix it.

Terminals will still snap in half upon removal.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

wire brush and elbow grease. then remove and clean batt posts and redo replace terminals

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Mix some baking soda in some warm water and pour it over the post to remove any caking deposits and just clean the rust off the terminals. Take a piece of copper and glue it right between the battery post under the hood to prevent any more deposits building up on the ground terminal.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived