Sonic Electronix

I currently have a Fi BTL 12" at 2 ohms and I had a power acostik 5500bamf amp that died yesterday.everytime id turn it up or hit a bump my bass would cut out.and the amp protection light would come on.so i opened it after checking all my connections and noticed one of the capacitors vibrated loose.SO i was looking into amps and i saw the Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd. does anybody know if id be able to run this ?

I currently have a Fi BTL 12" at 2 ohms and I had a power acostik 5500bamf amp that died yesterday.everytime id turn it up or hit a bump my bass would cut out.and the amp protection light would come on.so i opened it after checking all my connections and noticed one of the capacitors vibrated loose.SO i was looking into amps and i saw the Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bd. does anybody know if id be able to run this ?

You can, you can wire that sub up to either 1 or 4 ohms, and the amp is stable in both cases. I think you'd be safe as long as you dont abuse the gains on the amp, also hopefully your electrical is up to par for that amp, it produces raw power.

You can, you can wire that sub up to either 1 or 4 ohms, and the amp is stable in both cases. I think you'd be safe as long as you dont abuse the gains on the amp, also hopefully your electrical is up to par for that amp, it produces raw power.

but what do u mean? my sub is a 2 ohm. the stats say that the amp is 2500 rms while my btl is 2000rms.im confused about what u said with 1 and 4 ohm

If your btl is a dual 1 ohm, you should look for an amp that puts its power at 2 ohms.

This RF amp is not the best choice for a DVC1 sub.

Take a look at :

Audiopipe 3000.1

2 Sundown saz 1000 or 1500 strapped

Kicker 2500

Alpine mrp something 2000

And many more !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

If your btl is a dual 1 ohm, you should look for an amp that puts its power at 2 ohms.

This RF amp is not the best choice for a DVC1 sub.

Take a look at :

Audiopipe 3000.1

2 Sundown saz 1000 or 1500 strapped

Kicker 2500

Alpine mrp something 2000

And many more !

my sub is a 2 ohm

It's called impedance, both your amp and sub have an impedance. Its basically resistance with AC (someone will have to clarify me on that), i'm not too informative about it, but the lower your resistance the more current will flow, thus the more power you will recieve. Your coils in your sub also have an impedance, which you can then decide how to wire it, either in series, parallel, or series/parallel. I'd look at a wiring diagram for that, but basically at 1 ohm for that rockford amp it does produce 2500 watts of power, and your average power handling on your sub is 2000 watts. Now unless you're really smart about putting extra power into your speaker, you shouldn't do it. You would be pushing your speaker above the given RMS, not by much, but the rating acts as a guideline on how much power you should use. Now, thats at perfect conditions, you can set your gains on your amp to limit the amount of current flowing through into your amp, there's a power chart somewhere and with a use of a multimeter you can set your ACV to match the amount of power you want, 2000 watts. You can set it lower than that too, only if your electrical isnt up to handling over 2k watts of power. In shorter terms, that amp produces 2500 watts at 1 ohm, and 1000 watts at 4 ohms. If you notice that your battery commits suicide or your headlights dim, you need to either set the gains down or if you know for sure that your electrical cant handle that much power, wire it to 4 ohms.

Edited by Ndnkobra

my sub is a 2 ohm

dual 2 or dual 1 (wired up to 2 ohms)? What options are on the amp (cooling, heat ring, etc)?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

dual 2 or dual 1 (wired up to 2 ohms)? What options are on the amp (cooling, heat ring, etc)?

DVC 2 ohm

1000 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4-Ohms

1800 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2-Ohms

2500 Watts RMS x 1 @ 1-Ohm

Two amplifiers in bdSYNC configuration: 5000 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2-Ohms

General Features

0°/180° Phase Switch

1/0 AWG power/ground connectors

24dB/octave crossover

Audiophile grade speaker connections

Infrasonic filter

LED Signal/Power Meters - monitors signal & voltage with simulated VU needle

MasterSync - allows 1 amplifier to control an array of amplifiers

MOSFET output stage

MOSFET power supply

PowerSync - allows 2 amplifiers to be "strapped" together

RCA pass-thru

General Specifications

Efficiency (average): 87% @ 4-Ohm, 86% @ 2-Ohm, 75% @ 1-Ohm

Crossover Controls: Low-Pass (LP): 35Hz-250Hz @ 24dB/octave Butterworth

Infrasonic: 12dB/octave Butterworth, -3dB @ 28Hz

Tone Controls: Bass: 0dB to +18dB @ 45Hz

Signal Input: 1 RCA pair

Signal Output: 1 RCA pair

Power Input Connector: Block

Power Wire Gauge: 1/0 AWG

Speaker Output Connector: Block

Speaker Wire Gauge: 8 AWG to 16 AWG

Heat Sink Type: Cast aluminum

Cooling: Convection

Remote Controls: Optional Remote PEQ

(overrides built-in Punch Bass)

Visual Indicators: Power (Blue LED)

Thermal (Red LED)

Protect (Yellow LED)

Output -00dB to +2dB @ 11 steps (Blue LEDs)

Battery 9VDC to 16VDC @ 11 steps (Blue LEDs)

bd Circuit Topology Class

Frequency Response: 20Hz to 250Hz +/-0.5dB

Dimensions: 2.14 x 8.14 x 21.875 (in)

welcome aboard dude. If you need a hand with anything let me know. You got my number still(its nate. Ran into you at Ray and charles deli a while back) My truck is in the shop again so I got some free time

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

welcome aboard dude. If you need a hand with anything let me know. You got my number still(its nate. Ran into you at Ray and charles deli a while back) My truck is in the shop again so I got some free time

OMG LMAO,its soo weird u found me on here haha.yea i still got ur number.my amp vibrated apart.im about to order this rockford amp but its 500 watts above the rms for my sub.i was told i could set my gain down but i wanna make sure before i spend over a grand.i gotta hear ur truck sometime