Optima Yellow Top vs Kinetik

Optima makes G31 yellow tops which are pretty bad ass too. They don't have quite the capacity of D3100s or HC2400s, but they get the job done and they are much cheaper. Don't buy Autozone G34 Yellow Tops as they are completely worthless.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I have a yellow top under the hood and a pair of kinetik 2400s in the cab with me and i'm selling my yellow top in favor of another kinetik. The yellow top hates fast charge and i can def. notice a drop in performance when i'm goin full tilt. I had a group 31 yellow top at one point and i sold it to someone with a plow truck. Optima batteries are good for starting and deep cycle needs for troller motors, construction, off road lighting/winches and the like. Stick with kinetik or xs and you'll be fine

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

ok you guuys have talked me into the kinetiks lol. now running the two alpine mrp m2000 amps will two 1400s in the back and maybe a 1800 or 2000 under the hood be ok?

i can get them fairly cheap on audiosavings.com

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

Optima makes G31 yellow tops which are pretty bad ass too. They don't have quite the capacity of D3100s or HC2400s, but they get the job done and they are much cheaper. Don't buy Autozone G34 Yellow Tops as they are completely worthless.

This is true.

I have 2 of them forsale. :drinks:

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

It all depends on your voltage expectations really. If you are going to have a mild system and use it for daily driving then you would probably be fine with the yellows. If you have a larger system and want to go to competitions then they are not the battery you want. They can not produce the instantaneous power you need.

If you put the batteries side by side (same size batteries) in the same system and test them you will see which is the better battery..... and it will not be the optima or kinetic. Sorry had to throw that in there. The kinetic 1400 is bigger than our D1200, but the D1200 will produce more power and the kinetic 1800 is bigger than our D5100, but the D5100 will produce more power. The 1800 is more like the size of our 3400 and the S/D3400 will blow it away on power.

With your system you have a 240amp alternator and basically a 2000watt system (max) at full tilt. So, at full tilt you can expect about 50amps to go to run your vehicle, and about 200amps to run your system. Basically you are only about 10amps (if that) behind in power. Your current set up will do you fine, unless you plan on competing. If you haven't already upgraded your wiring and Big3, then do that and you should be fine.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

i do have 0 gauge all done the right way so i should be fine for now. im gonna have to end up getting batteries anyways. looks like im doin a big upgrade as of yesterday lol

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

shuriken bt 120 google it..

your welcome.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

hell even 2 of the bt100s would do you perfectly fine.

the more batts you add the more power it draws from the alt to charge them..

i would do two of the bt100s personally

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

i will never buy a " Car Audio" battery again. i always used kinetik and basically got sick of wasting my money. in my honest opinion, Kinetiks are NOT worth the price.

look into a good group 31 batt with high AH rating, youll never look back at so called "car audio" batts

Archived