Sonic Electronix

What is the Atmospheric Pressure in your car?

I have had this thought before and I am wanting someone to try this because I don't have a barometer .. if not I will try to get one and make a video.

Anyway what I would like someone to do is to get a barometer if you have one, put it in your car and film the barometer when you turn up the bass.. lets see what your barometric pressure inside you vehicle is.

What is barometric pressure.. here is a little info.

Standard atmospheric pressure

The standard atmosphere (symbol: atm) is a unit of pressure and is defined as being equal to 101,325 Pa or 101.325 kPa. [1][2] The following units are equivalent, but only to the number of decimal places displayed: 760 mmHg (Torr), 29.92 inHg, 14.696 PSI, 1013.25 millibars. One standard atmosphere is standard pressure used for pneumatic fluid power (ISO R554), and in the aerospace (ISO 2533) and petroleum (ISO 5024) industries.

In 1999, the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) recommended that for the purposes of specifying the properties of substances, “the standard pressure” should be defined as precisely 100 kPa (≈750.01 Torr) or 29.53 inHg rather than the 101.325 kPa value of “one standard atmosphere”.[3] This value is used as the standard pressure for the compressor and the pneumatic tool industries (ISO 2787).[4] (See also Standard temperature and pressure.) In the United States, compressed air flow is often measured in "standard cubic feet" per unit of time, where the "standard" means the equivalent quantity of moisture at standard temperature and pressure. For every 1,000 feet you ascend the atmospheric pressure decreases 4%. However, this standard atmosphere is defined slightly differently: temperature = 20 °C (68 °F), air density = 1.225 kg/m³ (0.0765 lb/cu ft), altitude = sea level, and relative humidity = 20%. In the air conditioning industry, the standard is often temperature = 0 °C (32 °F) instead. For natural gas, the petroleum industry uses a standard temperature of 60 °F (15.6 °C), pressure 101.56 kPa (14.730 psi). (airpressure)

Also look at Barotrauma -- Link

i dunno, sounds too complicated, i dont think i wanna no lmao

Actually really easy if you have a barometer.. just put it in the car and video tape it while you turn the bass up all the way .. will give you an idea of what the atmospheric pressure inside your vehicle is compared to what it is outside.

your gooing to replace termlab lol i kid i kid

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

interesting experiment

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Won't the fact that it varies between positive and negative pressure make it impossible to get a reading? It will either fluctuate really fast, or it will stay neutral because of the average will be neutral.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Its been tried.

I have never seen barometric pressure change in a car. Even at 160+ dB.

The rapid change from pressure to vacuum doesnt read in barometric pressure.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Its been tried.

Yus! I was right! Do I get a cookie?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Its been tried.

damn.. well thought it would be a cool experiment.