Second Skin Audio

Woofer Ohm Loads

Guest SyKo13

lol it really depends on how you do it... just remember series will double the ohm load and parallel will half it...

it gets confusing when you mix series and parallel bc there are so many options on doing it

I was told it would give me a 1.4 in series parallel but I checked on jlaudio.com and

four subs that are 1.5ohms wired in series/parallel would give me a 0.75ohm load...Kinda confused now :-X

it can get confusing, with multiple coils and multiple subz you have so many crazy options  could you imagine  wiring 8 quad's  :^ :^

someone told you wrong, 2 dual .7s would be 1.4 and 4 would be .7

steve ran that config with the MT's for while in the hoe when he blew up the t4k

• 1 month later...

Ok, amp load is 2ohms. I've got two subs with dual 2ohm coils each. Can use either of two configurations. Each sub's coils in parallel, then both subs in series. Or each sub's coils in series and then both subs in parallel.

Any advantage or disadvantage to either configuration provided both subs are in same air chamber? 6 or 1/2 a dozen of the other? Would one configuration have less flutter than the other?  :help:

Ok, amp load is 2ohms. I've got two subs with dual 2ohm coils each. Can use either of two configurations. Each sub's coils in parallel, then both subs in series. Or each sub's coils in series and then both subs in parallel.

Any advantage or disadvantage to either configuration provided both subs are in same air chamber? 6 or 1/2 a dozen of the other? Would one configuration have less flutter than the other?  :help:

correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think ohm configurations affect the subs at all.  It's how much strain is on the amp, and how much power its putting out at that load.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How would i wire 2 dual 1 ohms on t10001bd

u can do .25 ohms or 4 ohms?

i dont understand how the amp effects it, aslong as its ohm stable. i might learn somethin here.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived