Sonic Electronix

I'm gonna be putting in 4 channel amp and a 10 inch sub in my 94 corolla.

The amp is gonna have 2 channels to the front speakers and the other 2 channels bridged to run the single 10 inch sub.

The amp makes 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms and 150 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode).

This just matches the sub which has a power range of 50-150 watts RMS.

I called crutch field to ask about my setup and they said it all looks good but I could even go with the 8g wiring kit instead of the 4.

If I can reliably do that I'd like to b/c it would save me 20$.

What do you think? Get the 8g or is the 4g a must?

id get 4g in case you upgrade in the future you dont buy twice. id go bigger than that but if its either 8 or 4 id go with 4. just my .02

8 will technically be fine... but go for the 4... your gona want to upgrade...

check out knukoncpetz... they got some good stuff...

i would recommened this

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Thanks guys, but i see you mention upgrades. I should mention this.

I WILL NOT be upgrading after this. At least not this car. I will be doing a stereo install for my next car but I'd get different parts, amp, sub, etc. and prob sell these parts separate or with the car.

And that wont be for like another two years. So for this setup I wont upgrade anything else.

Would you still suggest the 4g kit?

btw, I'm getting an amp kit, sub, box and amp. What else do I need for the install technically? I hear I need extra speaker wire for the front speakers and also now I apparently also need stereo patch cables? Is this true?

What else will I need...and if so, how much of it?! I don't wanna forget something major for the install.

This is the amp kit

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142PA8/EFX-8-gauge-Amplifier-Wiring-Kit.html?tp=635

I see a patch cable in the kit but will I need a 2nd one since it's a 4 channel?

ide say get the 4g but it's your money lol

yeah im leaning towards the 8g since it's less $. I mean since i wont be upgrading the system any more than this. I'm only concerned if the 8g could be too small and cause something possibly to break. I mean I usually just listen at normal volume levels, and never "show off" with my system.

Save $20 or burn down your ride hmmm unless you want the potental of burning down your ride go with the 4ga. I find it too risky to go any smaller. Don't think it can happen? Check around the site SEVERAL people have burned down their cars because of poor electrical

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Archived