So my car just took a dump- What Should I Do?

So Im coming home from work last night, and when I parked in the drive, the ABS light and brake light, and check engine light all on like wtf...

so I restarted, same lights.

I come out this morning, same lights on, and I discovered it wont shift out of park, theres like a clicking noise when I try and push in the shifter button and change out of park.

Needless to say, I used the shift lock over ride button and shifted out of park and drove it to a local shop we always go to

I got a call back and they said there is 10 trouble codes, they think the computer is going out i have to take it to a dealer to fix that and itll be $$$

My bro has been running a car shop in Atlanta for years and I called him, and he thinks its not the comp b/c w/o the car wouldnt prolly start. On that note the car has no problems starting, I turned it off and started right up like ten times.

My bro wants the codes to sit down with his tech and see what the codes tell him. I cant get the codes till tom b/c the stupid guy at the shop wont give me the codes till tom when i pick it up (I have to go to work in an hour)

Also the guy at the local shop asked if ive been giving jumps to alot of people lately as in jump starting, and I said no

but my system DOES pull a solid amount of current. could this wreck the computer? I thought put like 16v through comp would wreck the comp but not pulling alot of current??

What do you guys think

Any help or anything is greatly appreciated

P4Killer

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

So Im coming home from work last night, and when I parked in the drive, the ABS light and brake light, and check engine light all on like wtf...

so I restarted, same lights.

I come out this morning, same lights on, and I discovered it wont shift out of park, theres like a clicking noise when I try and push in the shifter button and change out of park.

Needless to say, I used the shift lock over ride button and shifted out of park and drove it to a local shop we always go to

I got a call back and they said there is 10 trouble codes, they think the computer is going out i have to take it to a dealer to fix that and itll be $$$

My bro has been running a car shop in Atlanta for years and I called him, and he thinks its not the comp b/c w/o the car wouldnt prolly start. On that note the car has no problems starting, I turned it off and started right up like ten times.

My bro wants the codes to sit down with his tech and see what the codes tell him. I cant get the codes till tom b/c the stupid guy at the shop wont give me the codes till tom when i pick it up (I have to go to work in an hour)

Also the guy at the local shop asked if ive been giving jumps to alot of people lately as in jump starting, and I said no

but my system DOES pull a solid amount of current. could this wreck the computer? I thought put like 16v through comp would wreck the comp but not pulling alot of current??

What do you guys think

Any help or anything is greatly appreciated

P4Killer

That really doesnt make ANY sense but ill try. If youre running a 16 volt system, itll actually run anywhere from 16-18 volts. A cars stock equipment cant handle that and it could mess up the computer

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

No I'm saying I know 16v would do that, but I'm NOT running 16v so I doubt my stereo could have done that.

Anything at all is appreciated

P4killer

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

^^^^^^ :drinks:

Drink a beer, get the codes.... and I see in your tage you have a buick... so your Chevy didnt take a sh!t

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

I would figure out what the codes are, and mean and then go from there. It doesn't sound like your engine.. (obviously) TO me, the not shifting outta park, part, sounds like trans related, but who knows.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Well aside, from the tangent video... thanks for all the replies, I mean once I used the overide to shift it out of park, I drove to the shop w/o a problem, besides the abs, brake, and engine light being on that is.

Ill get the codes tom, and ill post up what happens well see

thanks again though

P4Killer

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000