Sonic Electronix

How can I stop the rearview mirror from vibrating so loudly?

I found out that its the mirror thats vibrating so incredibly, obnoxiously loud, and aside from removing it how can I stop it from doing that?

It will prolly be awhile before I can respond since I no longer have the net.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

just take it off. Its going to go anyways. probably take a chunk of the windshield with it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I found out that its the mirror thats vibrating so incredibly, obnoxiously loud, and aside from removing it how can I stop it from doing that?

It will prolly be awhile before I can respond since I no longer have the net.

when i thought my rearview mirror was doin it it was just my headliner slappin the roof/window. a little weather stripping stopped it

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

unfortunately its illegal and the cops around here for some reason actually pay attention to that part otherwise it wouldnt be that big of a problem. Other than that its an auto tint mirror so there is the wires to worry about. And then of course the obvious, I use it

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

when i thought my rearview mirror was doin it it was just my headliner slappin the roof/window. a little weather stripping stopped it

Grabbed the mirror and the vibrating stopped entirely so Im pretty sure it is the mirror.

Dont mean that to sound like a know-it-all asshole, just mean I dont see how it could be anything else.

Edited by Velvetdreams21

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Take the system out, or turn it down so it dont vibrate lol.. Since you cant take it off.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

lmao where are you from because its most laws state you have to have 2 reflections to the rear of your car so your Driver and Passanger side mirror or Driver and Rear. One reflection must be driver side mirror. end of story take the bitch off and tell the cop to sit on a pole.

Mason City, Iowa. Ive been pulled over for having no rear view mirror before (system ripped it off). Ill have to call and ask I guess.

Either way I would like to do it without removing the mirror tho so does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by Velvetdreams21

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

not sure where its rattling. between the mirror and mounting tab? if so some kind of rubber cement might work then just make sure its tightened decent again. i had an ols cav that had the same prob, couldnt tighten it either. tossed some black RTV on it(was a beater car though) and all was cool lol

not sure where its rattling. between the mirror and mounting tab? if so some kind of rubber cement might work then just make sure its tightened decent again. i had an ols cav that had the same prob, couldnt tighten it either. tossed some black RTV on it(was a beater car though) and all was cool lol

As far as I can tell its solid. I cant pinpoint the exact area its vibrating from, tho I think its the glass or plastic that holds the glass.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU