Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, quick question. I've decided to spray paint my box to match the interior color of my trunk and to match the color of my woofers, and I just wanted to know if there would be any negative effects on the wood itself if I did that, because I know the wood will absorb some of the paint but I'm not sure if it'll have any effect on the performance or speakers etc, I don't see why it would but thats why I'm asking. The wood is 3/4 inch MDF, thanks!

You could but depending on your box size its going to take a shit ton of paint, cuz MDF absorbs most of the paint. I have always have better luck putting a coat (or 2) of primer on first. As far as it degrading the performance of the speakers, i really dont see that happening. But that is just my .02

definitely prime the box with a cheap 99 cent primer a couple times. then spray it with the color. or else you'd spend an ass ton of money in paint. i like to roll my paint on. it's thicker so it's easier imo. as for the sub you'll be fine. just dont paint the surround lol. just make sure it's clean or it may bubble

you sure can :) it's just matte i believe. but not sure how 'flat' it'd look. hell i spray painted my friends amp with flat black and it still has a slight glimmer to it. but probably cuz i clear coated it too. spray painting is more fun anyways lol

Or you could do what I was gonna do to my box, just get a small bottle of resin from Autozone and put a medium thin layer on the outside of the box, then sand it and have a perfectly paint ready surface.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

what ive found is if you take some wood glue aka titebond and spread it across the woods surface with a cloth or similar and wait for it to dry and then sand it smooth it doesnt allow the wood to soak up the paint.. and it gives a nice shiny finish..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

best finish is spreading on some body filler, sand, sand, sand, sand, primer, paint, clear. Looks like a car's exterior when done because it basically is.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion