Help me be the LOUDEST at my school for senior year!

New highs amp. If ur thinking 2500+ watts; and all ur highs are running off of stock amp and/or deck power; then it's gonna sound like crap.

But if u have a $300 check coming; why blow it on something small? Why not save a couple of em and start buying subs/wire/amp etc?

Grammar edit

Clicky for build log....

2002 Tahoe

DC Power Inc 3 alt bracket with 2x230a. alts 1 stock

Eclipse CD5030

2 JL HD 600/4

4 Rockford Fosgate 2500bdcp's

4 DC Audio 18" XL's

4 Pr MB Quart Premium Components

200FT Stinger HPM 1/0

Rockford 360.2

No where near enough sound deadening

it is just got to find it thats all

Stop giving advice if you dont have a clue. they havent made RF 18s in years. like ten years or so. Same thing with the Comp VR 18s. Technology today has improved so much that there are far better options in the world than a speaker thats as old as you are.

Yeah, really.

You've probably never even heard a DD sub. Just an hour ago you made like 20 posts in your own thread about trying to find a price on them because "you heard good things about them" and you were warned that they would be too expensive for you. Then, you turn around and complain because they were so expensive.

I don't know if the mods don't notice you or just ignore you or what. You're constantly spouting some nonsensical BS and making posts that make almost no sense. You start a thread and bump it every 5 minutes. Seriously, the edit button is there for a reason. If I were a mod I'd do the board a favor and just ban you.

/thread derail

Oh we notice. trust me. He used to be on my ignore list.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

2 18"s fi btl fully loaded and about 5k total power to both will be pretty loud in a big box with their max cu.ft. but keep in mind he is running 8k. a videos of his system bumping will help some.

2-18" Fi Btls

2-RF T2500-1bd

box 14cu.ft after displacement tuned @ 32hz.

Socal Box Designer/builder

and yeah i have thought about doing 15"s.. but if you say i have 15"s people are just like oh ok... and if you say i have 18"s people are like DAmmmnnniigga haha.. so im really just going for that effect of "Damn you know that guy with the loud ass durango with the 18!" hah got me? :aw:

Ya, 18's make a statement for sure. I think if you had like 4-6 15's in your durango people would go damb! And who cares if people go oh there just 15"'s

Nope he hasnt metered, i want him to so i can have a general area... If this vid helps at all this is him.. Thanks guys

(if that will even work for you)

:clapping::popcorn: lol young kids with there younger hairtricks! i like the american bass xfls. cheap sub 1000watts rms but theyre beasts, they weight like 40+lbs. someone i know has 2 in a prefab vented box on a ap3000 and it metered a 146 and change on music. aq would be my second choice even though i hold a grudge with dd

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

Im also goin to be a senior next semester. Im still tryin to get my system running. But it wont get started. Ive got a goddamn grand prix. PiTA to work with and im rllly tryin to get an suv to make a ba system. But anyways. Keep up the good work man and keep us posted on whats goin on. Cheers man!

a guy i work with has a bad ass 2001 grand prix gt. its the 3100 v6 with a 67mil turbo , 3 inch straight pipes, hardened gears in the trans. oh and 164k miles and its 560whp runs low 11s in the 1/4 mile faster if itl hook up. still gets 20+mpg city

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

i plan on doing the same as the OP. get a sundown 1200 with my 2 12" clif designs, get electrical up to par and do some mids/high work, my budget isn't even half of his maybe 1000

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

i did a build for this kid that was doing his system as hes senior project.. he did 1-18in fi btl fully loaded on a hk4000d, and like 5 batts and upgraded alt.. he was doing like 151s, in a extended cab s10... and that was at like 34ish hertz...

but none the less good luck on this one, i would go with either 2-15in cheaper subs or 1-18in dc lvl 5 or something... either way i would slap a good 4kw rms to it either way you go.. the cresendo (sp) amps seem to put out decent power, as does the hf2500s but if you did teh 2500s i would do 1 per 15.. just my opinion, but make sure you have the electrical to back it up.. also you should really think about some cheaper wire rockford is nice but you pay for the name.. go with knukoncepts for sure unless you a deal in teh for sale section...

Oh yea and im not saying any of the companies i listed above are really better then the other all great companies... hints why i run 2 of them..

2002 civic

2- 12in dc lvl5s

1- crescendo 3kwp ( 1 more on the way)

1- stock honda alt

4-xs d3100s

3-asa300.2 amps

6- PB 4XL's

4-PB l-3h tweets

and a bunch of other sh!t

the build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/74044-project-will-it-fit/

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/slammedblackbish

I normally try to avoid these topics since the op will never see them to fruition but cone area is king. You want to be the loudest at your school on the ear o meter. Stuff as much cone area as you can in that thing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived