Sonic Electronix

I have 14 tweeters to hook up and i want to know the best way to hook them up should i do an amp or deck power

99 Tahoe

Has New motor and trany has 2 12w6 with 1600watt planet audio amp im looking for the next best thing i want to have a different box so my subs will hit harder along with another amp if anyone has any ideas please let me know im open for new ones

you can wire them an unusual imp which will be a pain in the ass to figure out

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Why would you need 14 tweeters?

You would be better off with only buying 2 good tweeters, they will sound better and you could use a amp on them if u want them to get loud.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Amp power, always. Active. Don't try 14. That's retarded. 1600 watts won't require that much.

Bro, he's got JL w6's so he WILL require 14 tweeters.

What I was thinking of doing whenever I got tweeters, was to hook a 4 channel amp to 4 components and then off the head unit 4 tweeters with proper crossovers. and the tweets off the head unit would be getting about 15-20 watts rms each and at 4 ohms

OP you could always, with a proper wiring diagram, put them on the head unit at a reasonable impedance and see if they sound anywhere to your liking, use more, use less, or use an amp.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Best way to hook up 14 tweeters is to mail them to me and hook ME up with some tweeters.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

the only reason i have 14 tweeeters is cuz i have 2 jlw6s and they pound and i wanted top end to so i have 8 6.5in door speackers TMAs and 8 planet audio tweeters and 6 jl audio tweeters and what happened is i rewired the hole truck the other day eveything works but the tweets and im lost i have treied almost everything so idk what to do so idk if i burned them out by hooking them streat up to an amp and didnt make since cuz i have had the same set up for a yr and never had this problem the only thing i changed is my amp

99 Tahoe

Has New motor and trany has 2 12w6 with 1600watt planet audio amp im looking for the next best thing i want to have a different box so my subs will hit harder along with another amp if anyone has any ideas please let me know im open for new ones

the only reason i have 14 tweeeters is cuz i have 2 jlw6s and they pound and i wanted top end to so i have 8 6.5in door speackers TMAs and 8 planet audio tweeters and 6 jl audio tweeters and what happened is i rewired the hole truck the other day eveything works but the tweets and im lost i have treied almost everything so idk what to do so idk if i burned them out by hooking them streat up to an amp and didnt make since cuz i have had the same set up for a yr and never had this problem the only thing i changed is my amp

Must be some really garbage tweets...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Well my jl arent but you know they have worked for a year what are a good set of tweets that are not going to cost me an arm and a lag

99 Tahoe

Archived