Sonic Electronix

Dude if you have the moeny to spend do your soundstage right. dont ghetto it up and do a ton of tweeters. It's really not needed. do a good component set in your doors and another in a set of kicks. I'm willing to bet with proper imaging you can get rid of the ghetto blasters.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I woke up straight to SMD, saw this post and had to do it. OP took it seriously though <_<:pardon:

Leach if money was no object you should have gone with a pair or two what ever rockford's most expensive components are and I bet they wouldn't have failed you.

You did say yours weren't working right? There's a whole bunch of tweeters here, I'd go with a pair maybe just to try them out and if you like them and want more then get 2 more and so on if you feel they don't keep up with the bass.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

i hit bout 134db and my install is fine its just i dont know why the tweets wont work now so im going to order alll new jl door speackers and tweets and get some new amps so i can just hit the problem all at once and should fix it

134 on 2 w6's? wtf meter were they/you using?

im not sure what meter they were using i was not there when they did it my buddy and his gf took it and did it at a show but what are a good set of tweets you would use im looking at new jls or rockfords or speackers all the way around

99 Tahoe

Has New motor and trany has 2 12w6 with 1600watt planet audio amp im looking for the next best thing i want to have a different box so my subs will hit harder along with another amp if anyone has any ideas please let me know im open for new ones

im not sure what meter they were using i was not there when they did it my buddy and his gf took it and did it at a show but what are a good set of tweets you would use im looking at new jls or rockfords or speackers all the way around

just get some RF coaxials or something with an external amplifier (not Dual, visonik, vibe, power acoustik or shit like that) and you're good to go.

are these good speackers and tweets Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.50" Punch

99 Tahoe

Has New motor and trany has 2 12w6 with 1600watt planet audio amp im looking for the next best thing i want to have a different box so my subs will hit harder along with another amp if anyone has any ideas please let me know im open for new ones

my head hurts just trying to think about 14 tweets. yeah the punch components are decent i dont like the way they sound personally but to each its own a lot of people like them. The power set sounds better but thats also why thy are more expensive.

you can find the alpine components for cheap and they come alive when they are amped. I have never had an issue with them. Some others on here might say different but whatever.

Just stick with 2 good sets of components on a good amp and you will be plenty loud. add another set in kicks and amp them if you want louder but dont just add 14 random tweets.

well there not really randomly in there most are hiden and you can see a few i just dont throw my stuff together i like a clean look and good sound im not in to getoing my truck up im just want the best sound and best quality for the money

99 Tahoe

Plain and simple, stop thinking about putting tweeters everywhere, its just dumb, period. I have a 99 tahoe that had momo 6.5's in the front doors with CHEAP ASS tweeters in the factory door location with infinity 6x9's in the back and it kept up with every sub setup I have had in there.

Get good 6.5s for the 4 doors, put 6.5s or 6x9's in the rear 4x10 location, amp them and call it a day.

A bunch of tweeters just sounds like shit if you don't NEED THEM, and trust me, you don't.

It's a running joke around here (Lansing, MI), "The 3 T's of Lansing, Twenties, Twelves, and Tweeters" because every dumb ass in Lansing that goes to shade tree shops that sell all lanzer, pyramid, boss, and brands such as that, come to a real shop with tweeters on EVERY pillar of their car and anywhere from 3 to 10 of the cheapest twelves you can buy, and this "this shit is crispy as hell cuuuuuzzz".

It is amazing what you can achieve with knowledge and quality products.

And for the love of god, will you please spell speakers without the C.

Thanks and good luck with the install.

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?

Archived