CaptainzPlanetz Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 Mines posted in this first system topic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39671-what-was-your-first-system/page__st__40__p__574991__hl__First%20System__fromsearch__1entry574991 ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
superdave07 Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 My first set up was a 10" elemental designs sub, boss 1400w (yeah right lol) amp. 4(pioneer 6x9s. a set of pioneer 6.5 coax in the front. And a Panasonic head unit from walmart. In my 64 baja bug Next was 4) polk 12s, two 1000w sony amps, and a crap ton of 6x9s of diff brands, same ol' panasonic head unit lol. The good days good thread Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
spl4life Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 if im not mistaken, there is a thread about this already... but ill contribute... Sony HU Sony 5.25s front pioneer 6x9 back Infinity bass link powered sub...(suprisingly good sq.) My first truck... My first Real build... *Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!* 1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line Everybody wants their system to be.... 1. Cheap 2. Reliable 3. Loud ...you can only pick two. micahmye hertz pack
Jared420 Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 Mine was when I was 17 (21 almost 22 now) and I started with a 12'' kenwood typhoon sub sealed q logic box, kenwood 6x9s in the back and 4x6s in the doors cheaper alpine deck and I powered the 12 with an old school rockford punch 600 watt mono amp. the sub and amp I bought off a friend for cheap because he "upgraded" to 2 10'' boss subs in a boss bandpass box on a boss "1400" watt amp. In my car, the 12 sounded better and got louder than his 10s surprisingly. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Autruche Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 On my first setup, I had no clue what I was doing... But it was in a 73 gmc truck, that came stock with one speaker, lol. I put in my own front and rear speakers, all crappy roadmasters, and a vr3 "300" watt amp pushing a sub that I bought off of a friends dad for 5 buck cuz it was blown, which I then repaired, I still don't know what the brand of the sub is, lol. My box I had was made out of 1/4" plywood and was about .6 ft3, and was half sub box and half center console. I have come far, lol. Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!My Saab 9000 build1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spdPioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE AudioJust Say No To Rear SpeakersJust Say No To CCA WireReal Men Drive StickHit me up on Facebook, if you want
BCarter Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 my first system that was worth anything was two 10" MTX 5500's on a RF t500/2 in a del sol; that later got replace with eclipse 7200 12's in a custom box as well has 4 eclipse 6.5''s and 2 eclipse 6x9 on a jensen 9412 screen and off brand preamp...before that it was all cheap unmatched stuff when i was 14/15. Eye Kandy Kustomz 2414 E. Napoleon St. Sulphur, LA 70663 (337)313-3121 [email protected] Eye Kandy Kustomz Page My Page
Symmetry9898 Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 My very first system was really ghetto. I went to one of those electronic shows where you can get subs for like 10 bucks. I had a power acoustic tape deck (yes i am that old) some no name amp called LA power that said it was 440 watts but i could bet it was only putting out like 100 rms and one pair of Targa Ten inch subs. It did not bang at all. At that point, i failed at car audio. After a i realized how poorly this stuff performed, i just saved and counted every penny i had and bought better stuff. Build in progress: Kenwood DNX890HD Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's 2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub 1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1 XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear Mechman Elite 370 Stinger power connections and cable
keepinitloud Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 first system this was 91 two mtx tens in a prefab box with a coustic 200 watt amp alpine 6 by 9's in the back and 6 1/5's in the front doors they were amplified but I don't remeber what kind of amp with an alpine pull out tape deck witch I soon replaced with a alpine cd player but the damn thing would skip when I went over the slightest bumps or when I had the system turned up and it cost me alot of dough back then I believe it was over $400 dollars for the radio witch I pulled and put my tape deck back in and used the sony cd walkman with a headphone jack plugged into my eq don't remember the name brand got it at sears but that worked better for playing cds witch were just commin out 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
J-Lane Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 This was a long time ago (17 years) but I had a Clarion head unit, MB Quart Mids and highs and Orion cobalt 12's powered by a Phoenix Gold MS-275. It was in a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500. It wasn't a very good system but I was only 16 and didn't have much money.
SR20DAZE Posted June 3, 2010 Report Posted June 3, 2010 My first system was all free from spare stuff I had besides the hu. Hu kenwood kdc 138 I think..... It plays mp3 door speakers are the 6inch that came with the head unit rear are some kenwood excelon 5x7 even tho it should be 6x9 sub was 2 12 inch kicker comps in a bandpSs box, then alpine s10 in bandpass prefab, then I finally built my box for. 15 I had and that is the current sub amps cheep 600 watt 4 Chanel for mids and 1400 for the sub Hahah damn cody She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch. you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf box: 4 cubes at 38 hz amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life 140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q) Build Log http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/ Feedback http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.