You all know way to fucking much about gardening. :lol:

I say this pumpkin deserves it's own Build Log

reminds me of the "gardening" episode of Hank of the Hill :rofl:

you wont find those nutes at home depot.

go to a nursery or the likes to find good nutes.

I too grow giant punkins

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ok day 8 pics, today all seeds sprouted, i dont think one plant will make it, its leaves look like they broke off while it was sprouting, or it may be the underdog who knows,

ill number the plants starting 2morrow starting with the strongest plant being #1 and the weakest being #6

anyways on to pics so far

snc00016d.jpg snc00017e.jpg

snc00018e.jpg

snc00019j.jpg

snc00020t.jpg

snc00013qg.jpg

snc00014m.jpg

snc00015n.jpg

and now some BumpinQx4 food

feed regularly, and will result in a happy BumpinQx4, and one less likely to punch a baby

snc00021jf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool stuff bro! I don't really have any new info to add, but concur with what the other people have said.

Sun (especially Early Sun, but lots of son either way)

Horse Manure (works miracles, but don't get the soil too "hot" or it is over)

Water Water (at first not so much that you drown it, and never water mid-day or when the sun is blaring down on the plant. That can burn or drown your plant in certain situations. Best time to water is dusky dark or early morning.)

Raised Bed (mound up the dirt a bit where your plant is. Helps it from "drowning" in lots of rain/water and helps when your pumpkin runs and grows out.

Lower the crop (after the pumpkin puts out blooms and then begins to grow baby pumpkins, only keep 1 or 2 per runner. This will make that runner give all its attention to that pumpkin. It is simple- lots of regular size pumpkins or very few whoppers. ...kinda' like subwoofers...._

This year I really got my garden fired up and it is pretty fun. I have some pumpkins growing too, but they are the jack-o-lantern kind. I had some seeds for these massive pumpkins (say they can get up to 500 lbs!), but I didn't plant those. Maybe I till a little piece of dirt just for them? ...mmmm :)

Good luck with your contest bro!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Anytime I ever grew any sort of "plant" I always had the best luck and best tasting plants using a hydroponic setup...

Just saying... You can use miricale grow all you want, but micricle grow < Hydroponic sticky icky opps pumpkins ftw!

Edit: hit me up if you want to buy some great grow lights. LOL

Any updates on the punkin growth? im gonna have to try this next year.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Archived