Sonic Electronix

I got mine at 35 hz and sounds pretty good.some note it wont hit well but oh well...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

you can tune it to anything...... the other people already said it, its all about personal preference .. but most boxes ive seen are tunes around 28Hz-34Hz

I would keep the box tune to 32hz =) 8)

It's all about personal preference and the vehicle it's going in.

I tuned my last box to 27hz for fun, it sounded great but didn't had very much output.

Some subwoofers require a higher tuning, so they can hit the higher freqeuncy whilst still slamming the lows.(like the Audioque HDC3 and other stiff suspension subwoofers)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

what is the normal everyday sub box tuned to?

im gonna make a box for a daily driver. but i still want it to get loud.

what should i tune the box to?

recomended hz?

Really need to know what sub you want to use or are you going to build the box and find a sub that works. This would be the Fs of the sub. Tune high for a loud system. Tune low to rattle your teeth. I've done 25hz to 40hz. Lower is more impressive to me. Plan on things falling of your ride though.

Really need to know what sub you want to use or are you going to build the box and find a sub that works. This would be the Fs of the sub. Tune high for a loud system. Tune low to rattle your teeth. I've done 25hz to 40hz. Lower is more impressive to me. Plan on things falling of your ride though.

shit falling off my car!?

thats exactly what im lookin for :yahoo:

well im look for help. take your bullshit elsewhere

thank you, come again

you forget this isn't your site. so really, it'd be "take your questions elsewhere"

lol k

learn to use

lol yup

the multiquote button

i can.

people keep giving me garbage answers for stuff im trying to be serious about and learn

welcome to the wonderful world of car audio. get used to it

and 33Hz is a great place to start. as others have said it's preference. lower tuning = louder lows but quieter high Hz...

33hz is where I started and I have no complaints with it

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle