Second Skin Audio

OMG!!! Why??

Alright so im taking the amp and sub out of my trunk bc im going to install some sound deadener and 1/0 and I come to find this!

235a3efbf420.jpg

25946a5a37da.jpg

5a88f9f8899c.jpg

My box swelded up bad and i dnt know how water got inside my trunk! anyways this is bad bc im going to two competitions later this week and im wondering if i need to make another box. I did 141.4 with it like that apparently lol but now this has just changed things. I was going to get the 1/0 gauge for my amp and big three, the sound dampener is already on its way. Do you guys think i need to build another one quick or just run it and get all my wire?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

if anything just get some resin for a temporary fix to seal it up

but i would eventually build a new one and resin the outside to seal it from water damage...i had to do this in my trunk because it also leaked a little

i likes me some audio stuff...

if anything just get some resin for a temporary fix to seal it up

but i would eventually build a new one and resin the outside to seal it from water damage...i had to do this in my trunk because it also leaked a little

ya this sounds like an idea but would if you dnt knw shit about resin lol?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

it depends how bad it is. MDF dont like water very much, and if you go to a comp like that, the box may just blow out on you. your most likely gonna need to build a new one. once that shit swells, its pretty much fucked.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

isnt much to know...just get some cheap resin at home depot or lowes...comes with hardener

follow the instructions on how much hardener to mix with the resin...too much hardener and that shit will literally be super hot to the touch and wont give u much work time...and may also crack

and just get a cheap foam brush or two and a small mixing bucket...its pretty simple..

i likes me some audio stuff...

Maybe you could get some wood corners, angles or something like that? this happened to my best friend, the box actually cracked haha, we did this and he gained 1 db for a comp he had coming, then he made a new box!!

30784_425429196647_689406647_5943175_6326590_n.jpg

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Maybe you could get some wood corners, angles or something like that? this happened to my best friend, the box actually cracked haha, we did this and he gained 1 db for a comp he had coming, then he made a new box!!

30784_425429196647_689406647_5943175_6326590_n.jpg

ya il prolly jus rig it to hell lol.. the baffel vibrates a little to when the subs slapping real hard. like more than it should, next box is gunna have screws every 3in.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

ya il prolly jus rig it to hell lol.. the baffel vibrates a little to when the subs slapping real hard. like more than it should, next box is gunna have screws every 3in.

maybe you need more bracing because from the looks of it you have none?

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

I didn´t look at that, i think your are right, he doesn´t have any bracing, next box get some thread rods, they work awesome and don´t take any internal space, but for the moment, i would try something like we did on my bud´s car...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/