Sonic Electronix

simple...

your scoped with a 0db tone correct?]

you burped with a 0db tone. therefore no clipping.

I bet you that you had clipping with your music score.

I love running into clipping, in the xxx truck i see a 6db gain when I run well into clipped.

just gotta be real smart about it.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

simple...

I love running into clipping, in the xxx truck i see a 6db gain when I run well into clipped.

Aww, i was going to post almost the same thing. :peepwall::drinks:

(Except the last part offcourse, i don't have a XXX truck :P)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Damnit ray you took the good answer! Also, clamp your power consumption at the amp and check to see which burst (tone/music) I putting more power to the woofers.

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Could it have something to do with the fact that its not sealed off yet? I'd address that first before you worry too much about it.

I was just getting a reference point. It will be getting reinforced and sealed in the next few days.

I seen this^

And assuming he meant the wall, I only seen the pics of the build in your avatar

I do remember you saying that you had a resonance higher than tuning due to how small the box was to how large the box SHOULD be

I know when you build boxes to small, especially in coupled systems ( multiple subs same airspace) You see a rise at a much higher than port tuning frequency

I assume even though you are tuned low, the subs are wanting to play higher than tuning just due to airspace

Are you running LVL 5s? I don't know much about what your running, but i do know, and I and Ssacket have both tested on our own testing equipment that DC's, due to how stiff the spiders are, out of the box, not broken in, a LVL 5 18 has a fs of about 70hz

The 10s and 12s are closer to 100hz- I actually tested a LVL 4XL with a 115hz Fs with the stiff spiders

So, just saying, if the subs are DC's, and still fresh, they are not getting the movement from tones at a low frequency yet. Music, which is of course chopped or just bass added, does have more signal output with the bass hits, so it will get the woofers moving more with music, than

Basically restriction between the woofers and the clamshell now due to not being broken in yet? Just a thought, as I said, I really don't know what your running, but progressive spiders like in DC, and Fi, and RE, the stiff spiders really need to be broken in- its just a progressive spider problem

Then also, something tuned low, in a vehicle with probably a higher cabin resonance due to having a wall can cause numbers to not be as accurate as expected

I knew they were going to resonate higher with the stiff spiders. The same thing happened with my LVL5s after initial install. I've given them about 30 hours of beat down so far and they definitely changed, but it was expected. That's why I waited until now to get a meter.

I'm running LVL4s. The port is tuned to 34.7 hZ, but the clam drops my peak to 32. They do want to play low, but they play flat over a wide range which is really nice. The cabin has a ridiculous amount of reinforcement so far, but it's not sealed quite yet. And I know everything will change again once I seal it off and finish the cabin for air flow.

So maybe they are not fully broken in due to my low airspace and port. Like I said before, I can play 20hZ forever with both doors open and they won't bottom out or get hot. Thanks for the info!

My score on a burp is 2 dbs less than my score on music and Crumps score is 3 dbs less on a burp.

So this is more common than I've thought..

simple...

Actually I tuned with -3dB tone. I stop clipping on a -3dB tone at vol 73 and a 0dB stops clipping at vol 70. I tried both with a .1 dB difference with their respective volumes.

Although I haven't scoped it, I trust Decaf's music to not have residual clipping from his mods. Since music is similar to a -3dB tone (so I've been told) I'm assuming I'm not getting any clipping with music also. I do my best to take care of my equipment, but if the situation calls for it, I'll use a little extra "oomf" like you said.

Even with clipping though I've seen my response remain linear in my last three walls. I know what you're talking about doing it right. :drinks:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

im with the other guys... decaf boosts the bass so it could be a stronger signal than your tone. the song doesnt clip but it would be like having the 0db tone at volume 73. at the amps, it will clip. so you are actually feeding them more power. it makes sense.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm gonna consult Decaf about this as well. It wouldn't make sense to play (or make) music with or exceeding a 0dB reference. If he does do this, then that answers my questions...for now. And I have a whole lot more to consider.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

its easy to check with a scope..

hell ive seen a 15db gain on music before.

its actually pretty common.

I tune my cars with the TL mic..lol

keep turning it up till it stops getting louder.

D.U.N

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

How big is your port? Small ports can play nice and flat and when in a wall when you open a door or window you usually see a dramatic increase with small ports.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Archived