Sundown Audio

Metering Amps Output Voltage At The Dash

Big P

I was thinking tonight. I dont know if this is possible or piratical. If you had 2 amps going to each voice coil of a 2 voice coil sub. Could you hook a meter to each amp and monitor the output voltage at the dash. Then you could drive around and look at your meters and know both amps are sink and working properly.

Both possible and practical. The normal voltmeters should read ac voltage...And then you can see how much power your amps are putting out too.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

could you use something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cool-BLUE-LED-AC-200V-...1QQcmdZViewItem

how many volts would it have to go to for a 4000 watt amp

I have my Stinger on the dash..I am not getting a true reading at my dash. Don't know if it is my meter or if it is just because I am losing Voltage due to to long of a run of wire from my amp in the Trunk.

i wounder how dependable that volt meter is. If it broke would it take your amp out to?

It looks to easy to me on a 15 dollar gauage. I'm sure there is a way though.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yea im kinda sketching on metering them. if something happens im sure the amps i will be useing will poof out the magic smoke fast.

My dash is shaved and preaty bare so it would look cool and server a good perupus to have them.

Archived